LED Lights

Just ordered my Skoda Fabia 1.0 litre SE Colour Edition today and pick it up next Friday.  I would like to replace the headlight bulbs with the LED type and was wondering if it's an easy task.  I see that Halfords stock some reasonably priced bulbs and was hoping just to do a straight swap but I have no idea if the headlight unit is easy to access and whether I could affect the factory set up lighting system.

Thanks

Welcome aboard 

Waste of time with after market led bulbs in my opinion 

The beam will be awful 

There is a reason why most reputable suppliers list h7 led for foglights and not headlights although eBay and others will have pictures of amazing light patterns before and after shots etc etc 

Osram night breakers or Phillips extreme would be my choice

but hey it's your car and it's upto you if you want to led good luck 

Fwiw the bulbs if they are h7 are not the easiest to fit in 

Edited by malcster

Thanks Malcster for your comments.  I've now had a chance to look at the Briskoda site in more detail and from some of the experiences mentioned, I think it's more bother than it's worth to do a DIY bulb change.  I'll just wait till my Fabia arrives, check the performance of the headlights and take it from there.  Maybe I'll look into a dealer replacing the bulbs providing it's not cost prohibitive.

The Phillips extreme are a major upgrade from headache inducing halogens fitted to most cars. I fitted them to my BMW X3 in 5min, but will likely take my Fabia to Halford where someone with small hands can fit them to the hard-to-work-on headlight units.

I fitted Philip XTreme bulbs to my Fabia, although my car has the H4 bulbs as it's a standard SE. Massive improvement in the beam, I'd recommend them to anyone. 

Replacing halogen dipped/main beam bulbs for cheap LED's is a downgrade in every aspect but perhaps the color of the light and physical appearance of the bulb. Only worthwhile LED headlights are those that new cars come with. The reflectors for Halogen bulbs aren't meant for LED ones. If you want an upgrade, get bulbs from a reputable manufacturer just like everyone else here has recommended. The ones with fancy names and slightly higher price tags are actually noticeably better than regular bulbs.

In some situations, like in the interior of the car, LED bulbs can be a great improvement over regular bulbs.

Since Osram bulbs are the most common here (every gas station/well stocked supermarkets), I tried the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs and they were great, well worth the extra. The light they put out seems very white next to my regular parking lights. Seems like Night Breaker Laser is the best you can get from Osram, but luckily none of my headlight bulbs have gone out, so I haven't tested those. I wonder if the more expensive Xenon bulbs are any better.

I got the Osram cool blue intense bulbs for both my lowbeams and foglights, they offer better performance over stock, and looks a lot better since the light is whiter than a regular bulb and matches the drl-leds better.

For my high beams I got the Philips x-treme vision 130%, way better than stock in performance, but not as white as the osram cool blue intense.

Philips H7 X-tremeVision +130%