Climatronic

Hosepipe99

I got my 1.2Tsi SE Yeti new at the end of November 2016. Apart from occasionally using the demist function I have left the Climatronic on Auto and just adjusted the temperature. Now that the weather is getting warmer I might need to use some of the other controls. My previous car was a Golf with Climatic AC which was not perfect but I knew what to do under various circumstances as it just controlled the temperature, all the distribution, fan speed etc was down to me. I have read the manual but what have others found is the best way to control the Climatronic to remain comfortable without too much fiddling?

Leave it in full auto and just adjust the temperature(s if you have a dual split system).

Well, unless you actually need the demist mode obviously.

Edited by KenONeill
Addl info.

Just leave it in auto unless you need something specific like on the windscreen, or to warm your feet

As soon these are done, I just hit auto and leave it

• Like 1

With modern air con units the saving in fuel is so infinitesimal that it is not worth turning it off.

Mine stays on Auto and we adjust the temperatures as required. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

I Leave in auto and switch the button next to the rear demist to A as it open and closes the vents if you are stopped behind a car it stops pollution being drawn in.

If you press the A button twice, it does all that automatically.

46 minutes ago, Llanigraham said:

If you press the A button twice, it does all that automatically.

That's what he said A (on right) for automatic.
If lit on the left it is on manual recirculate, I use that if coming up to smoke or dust etc crossing the road. But must be put back to auto as soon as pollution is past as the windows will soon mist up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

I Leave in auto and switch the button next to the rear demist to A as it open and closes the vents if you are stopped behind a car it stops pollution being drawn in.

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

That's what he said A (on right) for automatic.
If lit on the left it is on manual recirculate, I use that if coming up to smoke or dust etc crossing the road. But must be put back to auto as soon as pollution is past as the windows will soon mist up.

I obviously read it differently to you.

1982 says he leaves it in Auto and presses the "recirculate" button (next to rear demist) to close the vents if he stops behind a car. I said that if you press the "recirculate" button twice it does what he wants automatically.

Thanks folks, It seems I can leave it in Auto with only the occasional need to demist or recirculate, which is excellent. My previous car was a Mk5 Golf which I had from new for 11 years. It was a very good car but the Climatic control was no better than a manual ac and heater. Incidentally, a lot of things looked familiar when I first got in my Yeti as they were old Golf parts.

21 hours ago, Hosepipe99 said:

Thanks folks, It seems I can leave it in Auto with only the occasional need to demist or recirculate, which is excellent. My previous car was a Mk5 Golf which I had from new for 11 years. It was a very good car but the Climatic control was no better than a manual ac and heater. Incidentally, a lot of things looked familiar when I first got in my Yeti as they were old Golf parts.

Had climatic on my Mk4 Golf and used to just leave that on all the time with minor tweeks of the temp. Moving to the Yeti the main difference I found was the need to use Demist much more.