SAT NAV UPDATE

I got an SD card off of ebay for £35 quid... worked perfectly! 2017-2018 maps V9. Don't waste your time at the dealer asking for updates as they always tell me to log into the portal and download the update as that how all the new navi units update.

Here is the link to the SD I got

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LATEST-VW-SKODA-SEAT-RNS-315-AMUNDSEN-V9-SD-CARD-UK-EUROPE-MAP-UPDATE-2017-2018/282283336168?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I know this is repeating what others have said, just adding my 2c

14 hours ago, dazz600 said:

The only thing now is,sometimes when putting a postcode in not all the postcode letters light up on the keyboard

Even when I know the postcode exists.   :(

This had me confused for a while.  You need to enter a space.  It occurs where there is only a single number after the first 2 letters.

So for example if the postcode is AA6 2BB  then because there is no postcode starting AA62, the "2" isn't available until you press the space.

It did that on my version 5 so its not a version 9 issue.

Ive got mine working now, the ebay chap sent me a new card and it worked straight away.

The one I purchased did not work raging :angry:

Started the Pair with the Headunit removed previous Maps - Then began Installing within a minute of that it pops up with Error SD Card :crying:

• 2 weeks later...

*How to define which unit is fitted in the car  RNS310 or  RNS315: 

Press SETUP and hold about 10 sec. On screen choice "Versions"

RNS 310 have only 3 information lines : 

1    Part number

2    Software versions 

3    System hardware versions

RNS 315 have 5 information lines:

1    Part number

2    Software versions

3    System hardware versions 

4    Navigation data: part number 

5    Navigation data: version

Just putting that there which may be of use to someone...

• Like 1

I have the RNS315 nearly got it finished and it crashed about a inch from the end!

yeh it's the right version I Card this is the 2nd seller I've tried and no luck what's more annoying is it deleted the previous version 

People talk about RNS310 / RNS315. I have the one pictured here on an Octavia Registered 1-Sep-14

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2013/Navigation/Amundsen/A7_Octavia_Amundsen_InfotainmentNavigation.pdf

The settings screen says:

Dev Part: 5E0035874A

Hardware: 041

Software: 0435
Nav Database: 5E0051236 0064 ECE2017
Media Codec: N/A

What Amundsen unit do I actually have?

(does it use V9 cards as mentioned on ebay item 282283336168)

I've not updated it since last year

- there was a post about 6 updates and the SDcard has had it due to there being 6 slots for encryption keys then once all are used, you're stuffed (is this a fable?)
- I've just downloaded ECE 2017/2018 but not applied it to the card in case I wipe the card and the update gets rejected on the 6 counts and out thing ... then I have nothing.

Edited by peterhr

1 hour ago, peterhr said:

People talk about RNS310 / RNS315. I have the one pictured here on an Octavia Registered 1-Sep-14

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Octavia_5E/11-2013/Navigation/Amundsen/A7_Octavia_Amundsen_InfotainmentNavigation.pdf

The settings screen says:

Dev Part: 5E0035874A

Hardware: 041

Software: 0435
Nav Database: 5E0051236 0064 ECE2017
Media Codec: N/A

What Amundsen unit do I actually have?

(does it use V9 cards as mentioned on ebay item 282283336168)

I've not updated it since last year

- there was a post about 6 updates and the SDcard has had it due to there being 6 slots for encryption keys then once all are used, you're stuffed (is this a fable?)
- I've just downloaded ECE 2017/2018 but not applied it to the card in case I wipe the card and the update gets rejected on the 6 counts and out thing ... then I have nothing.

You have an Amundsen II, not an Amundsen or Amundsen +. Your unit has free updates which can be downloaded from the Skoda Portal. It's covered in a different thread.

• Like 1

When I went to collect my media lead from the dealer I asked about this upgrade (Mine still on 2013) he came back and said "Errm I had to check 3 times and it is £214....I suggest you check the forum for a cheaper way to do it"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I have also recently bought V9 update from eBay (U.K. Seller) 35 quid. Installed with no problems. I didn't ask when version 10 is out but in the description, the guy said if you send the old card back to him, he'll give you 25% off the next version. Pretty good I think.