Eibach drop opinion

It's been a month since the Eibach springs were fitted (standard shocks) and I can't help but think the rear looks a little high. The kit is correct for the car and it's had plenty of time to settle, so am I expecting too much of lowering spring alone?

IMG_9798.JPG

A fraction maybe, 1/2"?

While my car is still floating on the stock shocks, I'm happy with the look provided the gat at the top matches the gap around the sides. Never really liked the look when the tyres is too close to the top of the arch.

Does look a little higher than mine on the eibach springs and stock dampers. That said I can't remember exactly how mine looked when first done and perhaps after nearly 7 years it had settled a bit more. 

image.jpeg

I'd say it does look a little higher than I would have expected.  This is how mine looks on the Eibach springs with standard shocks.

P1010024_zpshpcnrcae.jpg

I've also put on a couple of pics from when they were first put on  so you can see the difference but also how they looked straight away.  There was about three weeks between the two photos.  As Fatbloke said, they will settle but I would have thought that the arch gap on the rear would be the same as the arch gap on the front & they will settle together, not at different rates?

Springs%20June%202016_zpsm6kojx1m.jpg

Edited by skinnyman

I have had Eibach pro springs on for around 6 weeks now and they did take longer to settle than I thought they would to the height they are now.

I would say mine are sat with with a little bit smaller arch gap than yours, however my car is a hatch and I have Bilstein B4 sport dampers fitted (shorter version of the B4) which will help. 

Looked at my L&K on stock springs on the way out tonight and it looks like its on stilts compared to these :( So much room.

Mine (the silver vRS above) is on the red springs which were a Skoda accessory. Not sure whether these were pro or sport. Drop was said to be 20mm on the vRS IIRC. 

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

Mine (the silver vRS above) is on the red springs which were a Skoda accessory. Not sure whether these were pro or sport. Drop was said to be 20mm on the vRS IIRC. 

Mine were the red ones too.  I've attached a few pics of them before they were fitted.

P1000366_zpsoifkgwii.jpg

P1000368_zpsjni12nuo.jpg

P1000369_zpsi9vc8yym.jpg

I bought a couple of spares off Sarge too just in case I snap a rear when we fully load the car up for holiday.  Hopefully I'll never need them.

13 hours ago, Sarge said:

Red   = sport line -20mm on the vrs 

Black = pro-kit    - 10mm on the vrs

• Like 1