New vRS owner saying hello!

On 07/04/2017 at 17:49, ahenners said:

Car looks nice, welcome! You going to do the mirror caps too? 

I'll see how the grille goes then decide. Didn't get around to it today, will probably do the grille on Tuesday now. 

Thanks for the welcome all!

2 hours ago, Kahunajb said:

Hi also picked up a meteor grey vrs dsg this morning but mines an estate 230 TSI. Loving it so far especially the dsg.

Mine will be 230 too, once I've had it mapped :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, Beefmeister said:

Tuning box, yeah. Removable by me so is as close to untraceable as they get. Looking for anecdotal evidence that it's fine to be honest! :D 

I had a Bluespark tuning box in my old car, Mazda 6 Sport. Do you know how a box would work in the Octavia given it has different engine mapping settings with the VRS button? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SM8475 said:

I had a Bluespark tuning box in my old car, Mazda 6 Sport. Do you know how a box would work in the Octavia given it has different engine mapping settings with the VRS button? 

I'm told they can just alter the Sport setting. So still the same in Eco and Normal, but in Sport or vRS you run the higher tune. 

2 minutes ago, Beefmeister said:

I'm told they can just alter the Sport setting. So still the same in Eco and Normal, but in Sport or vRS you run the higher tune. 

Oh that makes sense. Which box are you considering getting?

2 hours ago, flyingpigvrs said:

I've got the dtuk box on my TDI vrs. 

Definitely makes a difference. Well worth the money.

Have you got a model number for your box? And does this box only have an effect in sport mode? 

55 minutes ago, SM8475 said:

Have you got a model number for your box? And does this box only have an effect in sport mode? 

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=4932

I've got the 2 channel crdt. The newer one is the 3 channel crd-3. I don't know anything about the new 3 channel model. 

It works in all modes eco, normal and sport. It has 3 programmes on the box and each one can be adjusted down by 3 points or up by 3 points. So you can have programme 1 with -1, -2, -3, +1, +2 and +3 if that makes sense. 

Have a look on their website. They're an awesome company to deal with. And before anyone asks no I'm not affiliated to them in any way.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2017 at 17:24, Beefmeister said:

Evening all, I took delivery of a Meteor Grey '17 vRS TDi DSG hatch last week so I thought I'd say hi. Came out of a Facelift Yeti for 3yrs and an original Yeti for 2yrs before that. Unashamed to say all are on super cheapy cheap leases!

I run my own design engineering consultancy, but the more interesting side of my life is as a freelance motoring journalist. Main journo work is for BOTB.com (which I wouldn't be surprised if a few of you play!) doing reviews of the cars, videos and all the website stats/images/car guff. 

Can of black Plasti-dip arrived today so I'm planning on attacking the chrome front grille tomorrow to see how it comes out. The car was a stock build so no choice in spec - it came with keyless and a spare wheel but no black pack so want to change the grille. 

If it looks crap I'll buy the black grille surround from Skoda and do the old break/replace that I've seen, but at £8 I thought I'd try the plasti dip route first. 

Will be fully documenting as i go!

IMG_5993.JPG

plasti-dip spray is crap m8 look's good when done but stone chips will soon show .. but black grill save all that time takin it all off twice been there done that .....