Fabia 2007 year, fuel filter, wont start sometimes

Hello, I have bought Fabia 2007 year, BUd engine, 59 kw, and I want to change fuel filter but I dont know which one to install, 3 or 4 bars. I have a problem, car sometimes wont start, maybe one, two times in a month. From second time or third it starts up. Maybe it is wrong fuel filter on car? When it wont start dash lamps are all out, nothing is blinking.

Normal speed turning, it wont start like there is no fuel or spark. I have acount when previous owner was changing spark plugs, mechanic put wrong ones, from another engine code, now I am going to install wright ones. Maybe it will help, but I dought. Coolant temp. sensor was changed by previous owner also, he bought original. 

On 2017.04.20. at 01:00, damir155 said:

Hello, I have bought Fabia 2007 year, BUd engine, 59 kw, and I want to change fuel filter but I dont know which one to install, 3 or 4 bars. I have a problem, car sometimes wont start, maybe one, two times in a month. From second time or third it starts up. Maybe it is wrong fuel filter on car? When it wont start dash lamps are all out, nothing is blinking.

3 or 4 bar depends from model data. PR numbers can be obtained from Škoda dealers, according VIN- with full explanations for each PR code.

Maybe some data from vehicle sticker helps too?...

Capture.JPG

@damir155 By all means change the spark plugs if they're the wrong heat grade; it can't do any harm, and it's possible that the issue is that the plugs are closing up, or melting, or even not sparking properly, depending on how hot or cold they are compared with the right ones.

When the car doesn't start, can you smell petrol at the back of it? If so, then that is strongly indicative of an ignition problem, and if you can't it's indicative of a fueling problem. Or, when it's this intermittent it could be an immobiliser problem if that disables the ignition of injection rather than the starter motor. So actual best advice would be that, rather than throwing parts, and hence money, at the car, would be to get a good fault reader (VAG dealership, or VCDS lite and a good quality OBD to USB cable) and confirm the fault code(s) being generated.

You know, this might be a dumb/stupid reply/suggestion, but over in the main SEAT owner's forum, a guy in Portugal had trouble starting his 1.4 16 engine Ibiza, but only in the warmer weather, turned out it was an issue with the EVAP or its solenoid valve - no faults were ever logged etc, maybe check out that forum for that topic - I think that he posts in this forum sometimes, so he might read this and help a bit?

Sorry if that has no relevance, but your initial description "rang a bell" in my head and made me think about that other posting!

Edit:- on the fuel filter being a possibility, as said already probably definitely not, wife's last Polo completed 105K miles and got sold on and its new fuel filter (3 pipe) is still waiting in the airing cupboard for its time to come!

Edited by rum4mo

Thank you for that picture with filter numbers, I will look for PR number on the sticker in the trunk. I was on VAG diagnostic at my friend, one error was there, drive battery voltage. I dont know what that means, car is going fine, mostly on short trips, wife drives it everyday, 1-5 kilometers. Sometimes 10. Fuel spending is 8.5/100 KM, that is wery well for short trips.

It could be the spark plugs are a problem then as short trips will coke them up so they won't operate properly. When you take them out they will probably be black from running rich when the engine is cold.