Electric Windows

I'm having some issues with the electric windows on the vRS.

Car has been parked in my garage for a couple months as we don't use the car anymore and the MOT lapsed. I've been too busy to do anything with it so over the past week or I've given it a service and clean up and its booked in for its MOT later today ready to go to its new owner and typically the electric windows no longer work. They were fine before it was parked up.

- fuses checked

- wiring checked

- key in door lock does not drop / raise window

- assume the switch is ok as the central locking works

- I'm not hearing the motor 'try'

I suspect the motor - anyone got any further suggestions? I'd like to get this fixed for the new owner who hopes to collect at the weekend.

Its not the common broken wires in the door to car rubber gaiter is it ? You can gently push a thin piece of plastic or a small flat blade screwdriver down the back of the top middle of the gaiter between the rubber and the cars A pillar. As you gently push it should come away at the top. Once free from the A Pillar, then the gaiter can be pushed back towards the car door and you can check inside for broken cores.