Which system support Flac files ?

Bolero using SD card is only mp3. Using mdi => aac, mp3, wma and ogg vorbis. I would think amunsden is the same but could be wrong. 

Edit1: So probably aftermarket or convert your files? 

Edit 2: looking at skoda amundsen manual online, this suggests flac compatability. How easy the install would be in a mk2 i don't know. Looks like the sd card reader is glive box mount too, not in the unit itself. 

Edited by TheClient

8 hours ago, veracocha said:

Hi , My car is 2012 Octavia standart system is Swing with mp3 support , but I want to listen Flac files on my car , Which system do I buy ? Bolero , amundsen ?

Thanks .

Any particular reason why using flac in car? Don't get me wrong, I store all my music in flac format too but only for listening on my audio system in quiet home enviroment. But sound insulation is fairly poor on octavias so to tell the difference between flac and avarange quality of mp3 is impossible, especially when on motorway. Plus speakers are not the best either.

But to stay on topic, android unit would be safe bet (and cheapper).

Guys , I want to listen Flac because audio quality is much better  and also my archive too big , I don't want to convert any lossy codecs , So Which Skoda's original multimedia system support Flac files ? , I know newer version of bolero support flac files but How can I understand which bolero is newer ?

I didn't think they do, mine doesn't even with MDI as per my earlier response. Personally I think FLAC is way OTP and way way OTP for capabilities of std in car speaker fitment, but if you can't face converting it, then I can see your need. 

5 hours ago, TheClient said:

I didn't think they do, mine doesn't even with MDI as per my earlier response. Personally I think FLAC is way OTP and way way OTP for capabilities of std in car speaker fitment, but if you can't face converting it, then I can see your need. 

My friend's new 2016 fabia has a bolero and plays flac files from sd card 

Ok, that's not the normal mk2 fitment variety of Bolero I'm talking about. They look completely different.   If you already know the answers before asking the questions I'm not sure why you posted the question. If you want Skoda genuine its seems like you need a latest generation Bolero or Amundsen if you want nav as well.  Otherwise, aftermarket. Over to you.

Kenwood DNX525DAB plays FLAC, and presumably the newer Apple Car-Play compatible successor will too.  It's a VAG-specific unit sold & fitted by dealers as an approved option, also available via aftermarket, fits the slightly narrower Octavia 2 aperture, but it will also fit the wider aperture with a gap either side.  Not cheap new though, and while I don't know what the successor is like, the 525 is disappointing for the money in term of functionality.  However, it sounds awesome and I can clearly tell the difference in my 2005 BKD Ambiente Diesel (with standard speakers) between 320kbit m4a (Nero AAC) and FLAC, even when travelling at motorway speeds.

Edited by Jelibeli

I have a FIFO X3 Flac player line out connected via a removable jack, which is wired permanently ,directly into the AUX, at the back of my Bolero, running upgraded speakers. The dynamic range of the Bolero Amp is surprisingly good.

The FIFO sits in a holder just to the left of steering wheel.

Quality is awesome... 

Edited by promethian