Super chip issues?

I'm considering installing the Superchips bluefin remap (stage 1) for my vrs (diesel). Just wondering if anyone has had any issues after installing it, mechanically or electrical and would the standard clutch be sufficient for the stage 1? Thanks 

Can’t comment on Superchips as I have never tried them, had a DTUK box on the Yeti and removed it as it was overfuelling (drank the fuel) and had 3 cars re-mapped by Shark Performance, all with excellent results, very smooth and progressive maps.

Edited by Gizmo68

All tuning boxes like dtuk do is basically overfuel. Not good in the long term for a modern diesel with after treatment systems. Mapping like the blufin does  is the more complete option hence the extra cost! 

3 hours ago, MrAdamwood said:

All tuning boxes like dtuk do is basically overfuel. Not good in the long term for a modern diesel with after treatment systems. Mapping like the blufin does  is the more complete option hence the extra cost! 

And how does Mapping differ to overfuel?

5 minutes ago, toni8b said:

And how does Mapping differ to overfuel?

With the DTUK box I fitted the MPG was low 30s ... on a steady run of 200 miles with cc set to 70, the return journey (with the box removed saw the MPG go up to low 40s.

The car was then remapped and the MPG is now around 42 with normal driving and high 40s on a run.

50 minutes ago, toni8b said:

But my point was they all make engine burn more fuel. As for exact consumption per setting, I cannot comment.

A tuning box (no matter how complex it's made out to be) is usually just a set of resistors or now on more modern units a processor that alters the readings from certain sensors to fool the ecu into producing more power. On a Diesel this is achieved by altering fuel pressure and sometimes quantity so the ecu dumps more fuel in or boost pressure - hence the increase in power.

when the ecu is remapped (correctly) it alters the programming and all the relevant parameters are adjusted and the ecu adapts correctly to suit. The ecu is fully aware of what's going on and not just guessing like it does with a tuning box. The sensor values are real and not synthesised.

• Like 3