LED lamps are good

• 2 weeks later...

Love it, the latest lighting technology (LED) paired with the oldest reference to lighting possible (lamps).

Old guy driving a new car!?

The Kodiaq looks fantastic, enjoy!

Offtopic, but latest car lightening technology on is based on lasers.

But how is the low beam length? So far all Skodas have suffered from ultra short low beam. Any improvement on Kodiaq?

Edited by linni

• 3 weeks later...

Drove my Edition model in the dark for the first time last night and tried the light assist setting (LED headlights). If you stick the light switch in Auto and pull the light stalk until the beam icon has an A in the beam icon it goes into Light Assist mode. This means the lights will automatically switch between dipped and full beam automatically. It's okay, but not perfect. Coming into villages it can be hit or miss if it dips, then leaving a village but still in a 40 mph zone it won't go back to full beam until you are over 60km/h. Does work fine for oncoming traffic though.

Light quality if very impressive on main beam, felt the dip beam was a little low aiming and can't find a way to adjust it as it seems to be auto adjust. This is all on country back roads where you need every bit of light help you can get.

Overall, impressed but not a huge step-up over Xenon lights I would say. Wonder what Laser lights will be like!?!

So, the same problem, short low beam again.

Suberb II low beam angle could be modified via VCDS, not so sure about Kodiaq.

Lasers_ have to buy new 7er beemer to know what they are like :) 

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2017 at 15:18, BoxerBoy said:

Enjoyed a short drive home last night after dark and found the whiter than white headlamps and cornering fog lamps give a splendid display.

Was urban rather than dark country roads, so just a taster.

It seems full main beam array can blister paint from 50 yards :-)

Any photos??????

I have Xenons in my cozy Yeti.

On 5/8/2017 at 19:25, andyvee said:

Stop it, you are making me jealous, I've still got 2 months to wait ........

And I've got until Feb/March 2018.   :angry:

14 hours ago, Macdemon said:

Any photos??????

I have Xenons in my cozy Yeti.

We also have Xenons in the Yeti... which are by the best Xenons I have used and I have used a few! (3 Superbs, 1 Octavia and a Scania) the Kodiaq LED’s however are in a different league... you will not be disappointed) 

50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We also have Xenons in the Yeti... which are by the best Xenons I have used and I have used a few! (3 Superbs, 1 Octavia and a Scania) the Kodiaq LED’s however are in a different league... you will not be disappointed) 

Yes, but I wanna see some photos :crying:

Just now, Macdemon said:

Oh goody, you could take some photos tonight haha.  :D

Unlikely. I went to the launch of our junior rugby club this morning. Had a few social drinks and then went for lunch. Old Baloo is going nowhere this afternoon. 

54 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Looks like camera shutter speed is causing it

Agreed, LEDs flash very quickly... quicker than the human eye can detect, but a video or photo (with a short exposure time) can pick it up.

Have to agree with a few of the posts above - the LED lights are amazing!

I would agree about the main beams as well - they are bright enough to light up at pretty extreme range. Got xenon in the OH Yeti and, to me anyway, the K beats them by a fair bit.

The light assist function is pretty good but can be fooled by central barriers (the light obviously isn't making it to the sensor however I can see that I would be blinding the other driver.