A car with character?

Reading through the various threads on this forum it’s clear that the Superb can suffer a number of little (and in some cases not so little…) quirks. No doubt there are other manufacturers/models out there that are just as bad or even much worse? As long as these little quirks are ‘little’ and don’t become anything more serious, I’m quite happy to live with this.

I started another thread last week entitled ‘Couple of odd things happened this morning’. The two things I mention in that post didn’t worry me, on reflection they actually made me smile…. Before I’m accused of being barmy I’d like to ‘try’ and qualify that statement. My last car never missed a beat, never went wrong, went from service to service without so much as an advisory. It was a great car in so many ways but it was just a car, it was bland and it had no character.

I hope the Superb proves to be just as reliable in all the ways that really matter but, if it decides to talk to me or throw up the odd, totally irrelevant message from time to time, I can live with that…..

I’ll get my coat…………………….. :blush

For the past three years, I lived with an Alfa Romeo Brera before moving this year to a Sportline - talk about character. If cars were people, it is like moving from Alex Higgins to Steve Davis. 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2017 at 13:45, Whaty said:

Reading through the various threads on this forum it’s clear that the Superb can suffer a number of little (and in some cases not so little…) quirks. No doubt there are other manufacturers/models out there that are just as bad or even much worse? As long as these little quirks are ‘little’ and don’t become anything more serious, I’m quite happy to live with this.

I started another thread last week entitled ‘Couple of odd things happened this morning’. The two things I mention in that post didn’t worry me, on reflection they actually made me smile…. Before I’m accused of being barmy I’d like to ‘try’ and qualify that statement. My last car never missed a beat, never went wrong, went from service to service without so much as an advisory. It was a great car in so many ways but it was just a car, it was bland and it had no character.

I hope the Superb proves to be just as reliable in all the ways that really matter but, if it decides to talk to me or throw up the odd, totally irrelevant message from time to time, I can live with that…..

My "car" before my Supurb was a 10 year old Nissan Navara.  Sometimes the rear beepers worked and sometimes they didnt. Same for the drivers door, sometimes I had to lower the window to open it from the outside but sometimes the actual handle inside worked!

I purchased a new car to avoid character! ;)

Edited by rickyang

On 5/2/2017 at 13:45, Whaty said:

Er--- a white one ?  :-)