Octavia 1.6TDI CR SE FL 2010 - Balero Would like to retrofit Bluetooth

Hi All,

Sorry haven't had a Sokda before, but in previous Fords i have retrofitted loads of stuff, I love my new Octavia (only has it a week) but it doesn't have Bluetooth which i need to the amount of driving i do, I have a 3rd party kit that connects to Standard ISO plugs if needs be, but i would much prefer the real thing.

I understand for reading other threads that it will need programming so that i am aware of, but i am not clear on what part numbers for the control unit and which loom is required. Also i don't see any How to guides for this, most people see to go for the Fiscon option, are these better?

My Car is a Octavia 1.6 TDI CR SE Facelift 2010

I have a Balero head unit, and the cluster has a LCD screen i can use with cruse control, no idea if this is maxidot as i have never seen one before, but i am guessing its a standard LCD unit.

Any advice or assistance is much appreciated.

On 5/2/2017 at 14:46, Mutl3y_UK said:

Hi All,

Sorry haven't had a Sokda before, but in previous Fords i have retrofitted loads of stuff, I love my new Octavia (only has it a week) but it doesn't have Bluetooth which i need to the amount of driving i do, I have a 3rd party kit that connects to Standard ISO plugs if needs be, but i would much prefer the real thing.

I understand for reading other threads that it will need programming so that i am aware of, but i am not clear on what part numbers for the control unit and which loom is required. Also i don't see any How to guides for this, most people see to go for the Fiscon option, are these better?

My Car is a Octavia 1.6 TDI CR SE Facelift 2010

I have a Balero head unit, and the cluster has a LCD screen i can use with cruse control, no idea if this is maxidot as i have never seen one before, but i am guessing its a standard LCD unit.

Any advice or assistance is much appreciated.

If the screen shows which door's are open and stuff like range, temp, and is white writing on black background then this is maxidot, if it's clear and has black writing then you don't have maxidot but do have the standard trip computer.

Maxidot was an optional extra on the SE.

There is a bluetooth kit for the for the Bolero radio, but it's quiet expensive, i did have a link to the site that sells the oe kit.

Many thanks guys, really appreciate it

Ouch !! They are expensive, i can see loads on units on eBay that are much cheaper, is there a list of or way of getting compatible part numbers for the bluetooth unit? I think that would half the cost and i could always visit the breakers yard.

RE: the DIS I am still not sure as i have a Black Display with white text, but no images of car doors etc, please see attached photo of my cars cluster

many thanks !!

IMG_4264.JPG

That is the non maxidot display then, this affects the functionality of the bluetooth module, and possibly whether you can use one, as it won't be able able to use the dash display for any functions.

There are a heap of modules.  The latest ones are listed on the car systems site and they have things like Rsap and in car wifi.  Older generation ones have less features. Without Maxidot I'm not totally sure which one you need.  There is a table on Rosstech site showing some models and features, it is not complete though.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting

Looking at old posts 7P6 035 730 J is mentioned for non Maxidot.

See if anyone can 100% confirm what module you could definitely use without maxidot..Otherwise you will need to do the cluster upgrade as well.

• Like 1

That part number mentioned is the correct one to look out for without maxidot. Calls are made via the head unit and it works with all phones. There is no in car wifi though.

• Like 1