That moment when. . . . .

jonbenj

. . . . you're having breakfast at IKEA, look down at the car park and realise you wouldn't want to swap your yeti for anything else in sight. IMG_6055.jpg

(Mines the one with the roof rack. )

• Like 3

Scary...I recognised that as the Straiton IKEA almost as soon as I looked at it!  And I'll be heading back there sooner or later to complete the re-furnishing of our spare bedroom.  Oh yes, my life is just soooo exciting...

Also: I agree with you 100%.  I fail to see anything that appeals in a sea of overpriced statusmobiles and commodity eurojapanese jellymoulds.  Short of a beyond-economic-repair breakdown, the only possible driver I can foresee that would persuade me to change my Yeti in the short to medium is if Edinburgh City Council decided to ban Euro 5 diesels from the city centre.  Not that I take the car in very often anyway, but it would be a massive PITA not to be able to when I do need to.

4 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

. . .the only possible driver I can foresee that would persuade me to change my Yeti in the short to medium is if Edinburgh City Council decided to ban Euro 5 diesels from the city centre.

Can't see that happening anytime soon, tho I suppose you never know. 

Its true I'm not sure what I'll replace it with when the time comes. I looked at a Kia Sorrento for a bit more boot space, and better nose weight limit for towing,  but for 95% of the time I don't need the extra weight, space, expense. 

30 minutes ago, Clive said:

I can't find it :sadsmile:

Aye it's not the best pic. This other copy might be higher res. A virtual coconut to the 1st person to spot it!

Yeti.thumb.JPG.d175a1484b2a490380bebe47fd4c89a7.JPGYeti.thumb.JPG.d175a1484b2a490380bebe47fd4c89a7.JPG

Edited by jonbenj
  • Like 1

third aisle to the right of centre, left hand side as you look at the picture, 4th vehicle back.

The other Yeti is in the centre aisle 7th back hidden by the tree but there is also an Octavia top left of picture and a Roomster top right...   :biggrin:

• Like 3

There are 2 yeti on the photo. One is behind the trees in the middle and yours is over to the right !

Am I right?:biggrin:

• Like 1

Agreed - and it's grey with silver mirrors and a roof rack with something on it and parked next to a reverser inner! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, skomaz said:

third aisle to the right of centre, left hand side as you look at the picture, 4th vehicle back.

The other Yeti is in the centre aisle 7th back hidden by the tree but there is also an Octavia top left of picture and a Roomster top right...   :biggrin:

skomaz wins the prize!

IMG_6061.JPG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Thats not fair I was looking for one of these

Light_Coat_Yeti.jpg

Grumpy hairy old men? Plenty of them here :-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonbenj said:

skomaz wins the prize!

IMG_6061.JPG

Thanks...   Always thought I was a bit of a 'nutter

• Like 1

Now me.....

if I was parked at IKEA I would be about a million miles from the entrance away from all the other cars so easy to spot.   The million miles is if course the words of my wife!  

• Like 1