Post your photos of the new Face Lift models

13 hours ago, Superman001 said:

Nice colour combo!

Thanks, yes I love it ... think It's going to be a big effort to keep it clean though, only had it 30 hours or so and it is quite dirty. My OCD is in overdrive at the moment. Lol :) 

Going to buy a couple of buckets tomorrow and a wash mitt. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good soap to wash a new car?

Am I the only one thinking the spoiler on VRS should be changed and better diffuser should be added as default?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 00:21, G8VRS said:

Thanks, yes I love it ... think It's going to be a big effort to keep it clean though, only had it 30 hours or so and it is quite dirty. My OCD is in overdrive at the moment. Lol :) 

Going to buy a couple of buckets tomorrow and a wash mitt. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good soap to wash a new car?

Hi,

I've started looking at different washing products beyond the usual Halfords stuff and have come across two good shampoos. The first one I tried was the Poorboy's 'Super Slick & Suds' which was good and felt like it was slicker than what I had been using previously (Autoglym). When the Poorboy's was finished I then bought (which I am still using) the 'Purple Velvet High Gloss' shampoo from Autobrite Direct. I was instantly impressed when I started to use this. The mitt glides over the surface with minimal friction which minimizes the risk of scratches etc. Although I use a snow foam first to get rid of most of the dirt, there's still a definite difference. I'd therefore recommend giving this a go. Both links are below:

http://www.poorboysworld.co.uk/cgi-bin/pbw.cgi?Command=ShowEPage&db_epid=6

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/car-shampoos-wash-n-wax/purple-velvet-high-gloss-shampoo-by-autobrite-direct.html 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sknab88 said:

Hi,

I've started looking at different washing products beyond the usual Halfords stuff and have come across two good shampoos. The first one I tried was the Poorboy's 'Super Slick & Suds' which was good and felt like it was slicker than what I had been using previously (Autoglym). When the Poorboy's was finished I then bought (which I am still using) the 'Purple Velvet High Gloss' shampoo from Autobrite Direct. I was instantly impressed when I started to use this. The mitt glides over the surface with minimal friction which minimizes the risk of scratches etc. Although I use a snow foam first to get rid of most of the dirt, there's still a definite difference. I'd therefore recommend giving this a go. Both links are below:

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/exterior-cleaning/car-shampoos-wash-n-wax/purple-velvet-high-gloss-shampoo-by-autobrite-direct.html 

Awesome thanks for the links. 

Guest Cossiecol
7 hours ago, sknab88 said:

Hi,

Personally I'd go with BH Auto Wash

6 hours ago, ahenners said:

@Rsrob that looks awesome, great choice of colour! Those few days of waiting must be torture knowing it's sat there.

Always liked rallye green so this time I had my way and ordered it 

torture don't come close to it it's killing me knowing its there and I can't have it 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rsrob said:

Always liked rallye green so this time I had my way and ordered it 

torture don't come close to it it's killing me knowing its there and I can't have it 

I'm still not convinced by the new lights on most models, but a VRS with the black pack looks very good.
Shame the best colours aren't available on the 245.

25 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

The infotainment screen. 

Yes I now remember reading somewhere that the facelift has a glass screen. I like the standard Columbus screen on my Mk3 as it doesn't show fingerprints, I do keep a small microfiber cloth under the armrest to dust off the screen if necessary.

James

Can anyone tell me how dark the standard tint is on the rear windows of the VRS?

New VRS estate should be arriving towards the end of next week, planning if I need tints before collection. 

Cheers

24 minutes ago, Boabie38 said:

Can anyone tell me how dark the standard tint is on the rear windows of the VRS?

New VRS estate should be arriving towards the end of next week, planning if I need tints before collection. 

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. Not sure how exactly you would like it measured; have you specified sunset glass, or the black pack plus? If not there won't be anything really, and yes you will need to go aftermarket.

The sunset glass, which is included in the black design pack plus, is not 'limo tint' but is enough for us and the three kids. 

Depends if it's for functionality or aesthetics really. This picture might help:

20170315_211936.thumb.jpg.8075bddfefd854efe25cab9f5710af8f.jpg

Edited by pist0nbr0ke
Bad speeelllling :o
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Welcome to the forum. Not sure how exactly you would like it measured; have you specified sunset glass, or the black pack plus? If not there won't be anything really, and yes you will need to go aftermarket.

The sunset glass, which is included in the black design pack plus, is not 'limo tint' but is enough for us and the three kids. 

Depends if it's for functionality or aesthetics really. This picture might help:

I find the sunset glass to be dark enough. What wheels have you got on your estate?

James

8 minutes ago, Superman001 said:

I find the sunset glass to be dark enough. What wheels have you got on your estate?

James

Those are my 'winter' wheels, I have the 19" Extremes on at the moment.

The winter wheels were a lucky eBay find complete with Vredestein winter tyres and having just been refurbed. I don't know what make they are, just some Chinese Audi TT replicas I think. :notme:

18 x 7.5 ET31

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Thank you, been a long term lurker. (saying goodbye to my 55 plate Fabia Vrs, going to miss that)

Cheers for the picture.  Gives me something to work with for the tinting company. Definitely don't want limo tints, something more of a natural blend.

For my daughter in the back with the addition of looking awesome.....bye bye Peppa Pig window blind.

Car only has the black pack, was already built and didn't fancy waiting another 16 weeks.