Yamaha MT09?

1 hour ago, lol-lol said:

Just borrowed an MT09-Quickshift whilst the R3 in for service.  Man alive it seemed even quicker than the earlier version I borrowed. 

Quickshift takes some adapting too.  Certainly felt like a sub 3 second 0-60 and standing quarter and not much over 10s.

Impressive but could not trust myself with one, such good value compared to the R1/R6 IMO.

Quickshifter makes it even quicker doesnt it. 

Gear changes become an event and you have to watch the speed because it goes up seemlessly without a break. 

First service for the SP on friday so start giving it more then :D  

get one boughttt

• 2 weeks later...

A year on and spookily I've popped my head back in here and this is still the bike I've had my eye on. 

My CB1000R left a while back and I've kept my BV350 scooter, which hasnt moved since last September. I've been thinking about a Honda MSX just as a toy but I think I'd lack the time needed to just go mucking about on my own on it. Not really much use for commuting or any actual transporting me around. Then my brother turned up on a Bandit this week and it's made me want a big bike again :dry: 

I'm not talking 'hyper naked' type bikes, something nimble and relatively light but still with some poke. There's a few bikes that are taking my fancy and I'm not looking at seriously buying anything till winter but I do like the Yamahas. 

13 hours ago, XLBaconDoubleCheese said:

A year on and spookily I've popped my head back in here and this is still the bike I've had my eye on. 

My CB1000R left a while back and I've kept my BV350 scooter, which hasnt moved since last September. I've been thinking about a Honda MSX just as a toy but I think I'd lack the time needed to just go mucking about on my own on it. Not really much use for commuting or any actual transporting me around. Then my brother turned up on a Bandit this week and it's made me want a big bike again :dry: 

I'm not talking 'hyper naked' type bikes, something nimble and relatively light but still with some poke. There's a few bikes that are taking my fancy and I'm not looking at seriously buying anything till winter but I do like the Yamahas. 

Get one boughtttt. Youll have missed all the good riding weather when winter arrives

• 1 month later...

Although now happy enough with the "KITTED OUT TO MY LIKING" 700 Tracer, tested [3hrs] the Tracer 900 GT , very impressed with the "improvements" but the small icons/symbols on the dash were [for me] difficult to read....but £10,670 is far more than I am prepared to pay for ( any ) bike the "standard" version is ok ish ? but the GT for all the extra additions does seem to be better value......wondering if Yamaha will do a 700 Tracer GT ??

1 hour ago, BACUPIAN said:

Although now happy enough with the "KITTED OUT TO MY LIKING" 700 Tracer, tested [3hrs] the Tracer 900 GT , very impressed with the "improvements" but the small icons/symbols on the dash were [for me] difficult to read....but £10,670 is far more than I am prepared to pay for ( any ) bike the "standard" version is ok ish ? but the GT for all the extra additions does seem to be better value......wondering if Yamaha will do a 700 Tracer GT ??

People seem to be happy with them. 

For me, i think the 60mm longer swingarm will spoil what makes the tracer fun. Its so agile and playful for the sort of bike it is