Bolero OPS image

I have recently fitted a replacement Bolero to my Octavia.  I think that it originally came from a Yeti and I have noticed that the image of the car displayed on the Bolero screen whilst reversing is different to the one on the original Bolero fitted to the car. It is not a big deal but is there a way of changing the image back to an Octavia using VCDS?

Yes, there is a setting for it. I believe it was under the Radio module coding as you'd expect, but I can't recall exactly where. Browse the available options to see what you can find.

I had a play with VCDS last night. There were no settings for the OPS display in the module '56 - Radio' adaptions although I did manage to enable the service menu on the Bolero. Enabling the Driving School option to get the speed displayed on the Bolero did not appear to work, it may need another module being present, so I put that back to 0.

I looked online and found a blog from a chap in the Netherlands https://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2012/12/18/change-ops-picture-with-vcds/  in which he said that he had acheived changing the OPS picture in his Passat by altering the coding in module '76 - Park Assis't. I do not have that module but I do have module '10 - Park/Steer Assist'. In the coding for that module there is an option to change the car type but mine was already set for an Octavia and the coding for that module did not change when I fitted the new Bolero. I changed the setting from Octavia to Superb but the OPS picture on the Bolero did not change so I changed it back to Octavia.

My original Bolero, which kept changing chanels by itself, was made by Delphi but the new one is a Blaupunkt unit. I can only assume that the OPS pictures are slightly diffrent between makes of radio. I do not have a photo but I think that the Delphi unit displayed a hatchback whilst the Blaupunkt appears to be a Combi (which mine is).

Unless anybody has some pearls of wisdom I will leave things as they are for now.

Richard