Why RS has fake exhaust?

Yestarday I was making video for my you tube chanel. And I know RS has right exhaust fake. But I tought it was because ther was only on pipe. But thers two? So question is why is Skoda saving money with fake exhaust and didi't add second pipe?

There's not much difference, a lower tone but nothing major.

It is the first tuning where I've increased the number of mufflers. :biggrin:

Edited by Petunet

16 hours ago, Croat said:

Yestarday I was making video for my you tube chanel. And I know RS has right exhaust fake. But I tought it was because ther was only on pipe. But thers two? So question is why is Skoda saving money with fake exhaust and didi't add second pipe?

I guess you've answered your own question, it saves money...

Only a select number of people would care it had a fake exhaust & they are probably more enclined to buy the petrol vRS anyway.

You just have to look at the number of cars running around with the "Sport Kit" and 90ps engine to see that most people care more about image/styling rather than performance.

3 hours ago, Gabbo said:

I guess you've answered your own question, it saves money...

Only a select number of people would care it had a fake exhaust & they are probably more enclined to buy the petrol vRS anyway.

You just have to look at the number of cars running around with the "Sport Kit" and 90ps engine to see that most people care more about image/styling rather than performance.

This, it's the bling that sells cars to the masses, not what's underneath. It's why there's so many Audi S Lines, AMG line Mercs and M Sport BMWs with low power diesel engines, big wheels and sport bodykits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ahenners said:

This, it's the bling that sells cars to the masses, not what's underneath. It's why there's so many Audi S Lines, AMG line Mercs and M Sport BMWs with low power diesel engines, big wheels and sport bodykits.

I saw an 'M120d' the other day ... actually made me laugh out loud.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ahenners said:

We are both too old for "bling", which is why I like my old silver Superb, twin pipes, quad tips & all of them dirty, but no-one ever realizes that it's quite nippy.

When we specified our Golf we went for the estate in a nice, but neutral colour, & it's quite the sleeper, very few people actually know what it is & how it might perform when the red mist descends!

DC

2 hours ago, stu83 said:

I agree.

Also laugh at diesel cabriolets/convertibles.

Let everyone know what a tight git you are, and smell the fumes and hear the rattling with your roof down....lovely...not

• Like 1

Yeah, I came from a 2.8 petrol V6 turbo with dual exhausts and man, did that sound good...

It is one of the things I feel lacking in the VRS - the sound.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stu83 said:

Wiith these premium cars, you can quickly get 300 ps engines and more, which skoda can only dream of. In my opinion, vrs (with all these badges, spoilers and exhausts) should have between 300/350ps, otherwise its a laugh, since 150/200 horsepower is pretty much standard these days, not a 'sports car'.

4 hours ago, toni8b said:

Wiith these premium cars, you can quickly get 300 ps engines and more, which skoda can only dream of. In my opinion, vrs (with all these badges, spoilers and exhausts) should have between 300/350ps, otherwise its a laugh, since 150/200 horsepower is pretty much standard these days, not a 'sports car'.

I notice a pattern in your comments that you have something against the VRS, why is that? :)

Have you ever driven one?

Most petrol VRS cars come up with around 245bhp when put on a dyno and most ecu remaps will see it over 300bhp, with just a simple remap.

What is your point?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jaco2k said:

I notice a pattern in your comments that you have something against the VRS, why is that? :)

Have you ever driven one?

Most petrol VRS cars come up with around 245bhp when put on a dyno and most ecu remaps will see it over 300bhp, with just a simple remap.

What is your point?

Don't feed the troll .... :D

• Like 2

I've seen a Mercedes diesel with similar concept fake twin exhausts. Iirc diesel exhausts have to point down at the ground while the fake Mercedes chromy tips are horizontal. The disjoint was quite silly and ugly.

2 minutes ago, gregoir said:

I've seen a Mercedes diesel with similar concept fake twin exhausts. Iirc diesel exhausts have to point down at the ground while the fake Mercedes chromy tips are horizontal. The disjoint was quite silly and ugly.

Most diesels here are straight tail pipes out of the back box. Older diesels seem to point downward though, so perhaps that's a pre-DPF thing and since DPFs modern diesels don't need to.

• Like 1

That's an interesting comment about dpf. Must look out for a new model diesel. I thought the design was to direct the pollutants downwards.

Just seen a newish Mercedes estate which again had the coke cans hovering behind the downturned exhaust tips.:dry:

Edited by gregoir