vRS245 ordered club

21 hours ago, Mr Rubble said:

We were told to expect around Christmas when we ordered Mrs Rubbles 245 this week, dealer had tried to get an unallocated vehicle, but there was only a meteor grey or a red one available, tried to get red, but missed it. So she is going for black, with canton, spare wheel and winter pack. Not in a huge rush, so we'll see what happens.

I can't see the winter pack on the configurator?

3 hours ago, Max M4X WW said:

I can't see the winter pack on the configurator?

Winter Pack is the heated screen, washers and seats bought together. Something that - come the time - second hand buyers need to be wary of. I’ve seen more than a few adverts for vRS with winter packs but in actual fact it’s juts washer jets and/or seats only. No screen. 

9 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Winter Pack is the heated screen, washers and seats bought together. Something that - come the time - second hand buyers need to be wary of. I’ve seen more than a few adverts for vRS with winter packs but in actual fact it’s juts washer jets and/or seats only. No screen. 

OK, I see. So the 245 has heated seats anyway and the washers are £50 and screen £300 separately.

17 minutes ago, Max M4X WW said:

OK, I see. So the 245 has heated seats anyway and the washers are £50 and screen £300 separately.

Yes. The additional twist is if you want the heated screen it’ll actually cost you £350 as the washer jets have to be ordered as well. But you can get the washers without the screen. 

5 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Yes. The additional twist is if you want the heated screen it’ll actually cost you £350 as the washer jets have to be ordered as well. But you can get the washers without the screen. 

I have a luke warm kettle from my morning coffee so, I'll save my 350 quid thanks

• Like 1

For those that didn't spec the spare wheel, are you supposed to get a puncture repair kit with the car? I cannot find one anywhere including under the carpet in the boot compartment. Should I chase the dealer or was this an option which I missed?? 

48 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

For those that didn't spec the spare wheel, are you supposed to get a puncture repair kit with the car? I cannot find one anywhere including under the carpet in the boot compartment. Should I chase the dealer or was this an option which I missed?? 

I'll be able to tell you in a week or so.

wish I had specced a spare tyre, just going to have to buy one later :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hlywd said:

If you don't spec the tyre you get a basic tool kit, small compressor and a bottle of gunk sealant to spray in the tyre to seal a puncture for you to get to a tyre place so it can be replaced.

This should be under the boot carpet in the spare wheel well.

Edited by roo
  • Thanks 1

Joining the club as I've ordered my 245 today, a DSG hatch in lease spec corrida red. Got a long wait till March 1st but I'm sure it'll be worth it. 

Ive owned a Mk2 FL VRS a few years ago so spent a bit of time on here, really enjoyed that car so hoping the 245 is even better.. 

• Like 2

Just a question for the people that are driving 245s or recently ordered one, do you all have families that you drive around in the cars? 

He Octavia is considered a "family" car and I love the looks of it, however I don't really need the space since I don't have any kids or plans or getting.. 

So are there any people here that mainly use the car alone or at least without it fully loaded?  :)

6 hours ago, Snowman89 said:

Just a question for the people that are driving 245s or recently ordered one, do you all have families that you drive around in the cars? 

He Octavia is considered a "family" car and I love the looks of it, however I don't really need the space since I don't have any kids or plans or getting.. 

So are there any people here that mainly use the car alone or at least without it fully loaded?  :)

Not a 245, but that's mainly how I use my current mk2 vrs. I use it as a family car sometimes (alternating with my better halfs focus std) but a lot of the time it's just me. It will be the same with the car that replaces it too.

It'll be used as a family car here, we have two little ones in car seats and the Octavia has plenty of room in the back for these. The boot is huge too , no need for the estate which is what I would normally go for. 

Edited by StreetHawk

This is getting old now. Week 15 and still counting......

Ordered on the 30 June, built in BW38 and now waiting for my crappy dealer to tell me what's going on.

What have your dealers been like at keeping you informed? Mine is shocking!

Still hopeful of a delivery soon....

8 hours ago, Snowman89 said:

I have older kids, but will mostly be driving the car on my own. Coming from a Land Rover so it will be a small car compared ;-)

8 hours ago, Snowman89 said:

Yep, wife and 2 kids. One of the persuasive factors in getting the sign-off on spending money on new car was the estate space! :)

9 hours ago, Snowman89 said:

245 Estate. We don't have family at home but I still find the space and four seats useful as I often have four adults in the car. We also have two dogs and the space is useful for dump trips, DIY materials, IKEA etc. I also find a larger car is better for long journeys. I have to say my 245 was a head rather than heart decision, if I really didn't need the space l may well have looked elsewhere. 

36 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, just saying hi.  Ordered my 245 yesterday from Hortons.  They said it would be january delivery.

Assume thats realistic?  Any chance of that moving forwards?  Early xmas present!?

Snap! Ordered my 245 from Hortons yesterday too although have requested 1st March delivery on mine. 

I guess it's possible it may move forwards but could move backwards too. 

8 hours ago, Matsumura said:

This is getting old now. Week 15 and still counting......

Ordered on the 30 June, built in BW38 and now waiting for my crappy dealer to tell me what's going on.

What have your dealers been like at keeping you informed? Mine is shocking!

Still hopeful of a delivery soon....

My 230 was BW38 and I'm collecting it tomorrow.  Dealer service poor overall.  Mainly me chasing them.

9 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, just saying hi.  Ordered my 245 yesterday from Hortons.  They said it would be january delivery.

Assume thats realistic?  Any chance of that moving forwards?  Early xmas present!?

Very little chance for Christmas 

I ordered a red, bog standard 245 estate on Saturday 7th. Apparently I'm waiting for 12 to 16 weeks. Is a cancelled order likely I wonder, with no options to bother about. *dreams*