vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Daft question here probably but if you order the DSG, does it automatically come with the flappy paddles or that's an optional extra? I went through the configurator and it wasn't listed as an extra so assume it is standard but the Superb I test-drove with DSG didn't have them.

As I don't have a build week yet, I'm not sure if that means that I can still make changes to the spec or not (I guess only way to find out is to ask the dealership unless anyone else knows).

Never had an automatic before but half reconsidering it as an option to make for an easy life in traffic jams etc.

Wouldn't buy a car without DSG now having had it on my Tiguan and specced on my soon to be 245

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Shouldn't take them up that much as it raising the GFV too hence, you only pay the depreciation on the DSG

Anyone else managed to change their spec before a build week was assigned (assuming that they don't count a DSG VRS 245 as a whole new order that is!)?

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Anyone else managed to change their spec before a build week was assigned (assuming that they don't count a DSG VRS 245 as a whole new order that is!)?

Yes easily.  I've done it with the superb I have ordered.  You can change the spec until the build week is confirmed and locked in.

• Like 1

Cool, fingers crossed I hear back from the sales rep tomorrow then. 

1 minute ago, roo said:

Yes easily.  I've done it with the superb I have ordered.  You can change the spec until the build week is confirmed and locked in.

So I asked about adding the DSG and got this response:

We are currently unable to even put an order on the VRS nor spec change due to factory over orders.

Looks like there's been huge demand then for it!

44 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

So I asked about adding the DSG and got this response:

Looks like there's been huge demand then for it!

Oh that's not so good, I've just today emailed my dealer to add the rear parking camera to my VRS245 (not been assigned a build date yet), nightmare :/

Just now, Muzza80 said:

Oh that's not so good, I've just today emailed my dealer to add the rear parking camera to my VRS245 (not been assigned a build date yet), nightmare :/

Yeah, it was Andy who emailed me this so I expect you'll get the same (bad) news but let me know if you don't haha!

Picking up the 245 on Weds, 10 weeks from order date which I am very pleased with.  

What have people been told about running the engine in so far?  Is it the usual varied rpm for first 1000 miles?

18 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Picking up the 245 on Weds, 10 weeks from order date which I am very pleased with.  

What have people been told about running the engine in so far?  Is it the usual varied rpm for first 1000 miles?

In my case no running in advice at all given by the dealer.

The handbook says:

During the first 1,500 km, the driving manner determines the quality of the
running in process on a new engine.
During the first 1,000 km, the engine should not be charged with more than
3/4 of the maximum permitted engine revs and without the trailer.

In the area of 1,000 to 1,500 kilometres, the engine load can be increased up
to the maximum permitted engine speed.

So don't go mad for the first 600 miles I guess?  

• Thanks 1

I've seen talk of FL O3s coming with an umbrella....does that apply to the VRS 245? If so I didn't get one! Not that fussed but interested if others did?

Posted this in the FL thread then noticed this one!

So I'll chime in here with my order details.

Car ordered 11th September, VRS245 DSG Hatchback

Options:

• Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Umbrella (for electric seats / CANTON) 

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew Protection Assistant

• Rear side airbags

Originally had ordered the towbar too but since removed it as we will be keeping my current 2011 VRS TDI which has one, I've no build week assigned yet  but dealer has advised somewhere towards the end of January!!?? 

Going to be a long wait! e t

Edited by Muzza80

2 hours ago, juan27 said:

I've seen talk of FL O3s coming with an umbrella....does that apply to the VRS 245? If so I didn't get one! Not that fussed but interested if others did?

I got one with mine (230), was in drivers door.  

Hi All,

Looking at leasing a 245 in the very near future. Two quick questions.

1). Does the 245 come with Front and Rear Parking Sensors as standard? The info on this seems mixed looking at the brochure and price list.

2). What are peoples thoughts on the ride quality with standard suspension? If it helps i currently drive a Mk7 GTi on standard suspension, and i find this is fine.

Thanks in advance.

39 minutes ago, Thornster said:

Hi All,

1). Does the 245 come with Front and Rear Parking Sensors as standard? The info on this seems mixed looking at the brochure and price list.

2). What are peoples thoughts on the ride quality with standard suspension? If it helps i currently drive a Mk7 GTi on standard suspension, and i find this is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Yes 245 comes with F&R sensors.

I just had a loan 67 plate VRS (not 245) TDI DSG from the dealer for the weekend with the standard suspension, to be honest I thought it was very good, not too firm but firm enough, certainly more comfortable than my 2011 VRS TDI although that could be due to my car having 85k on it and the original dampers.

That said I have ordered my 245 with DCC, I plan to do the odd track day with it and the DCC should offer the best of all driving situations.

17 hours ago, Thornster said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

I've got DCC on mine, but I do find I'm using standard mode most of the time as Sport is too hard for the uneven country roads I use most days. It makes the car slower due to constant corrections being required. That being said I could live with it permanently in Sport if I really had to. Assuming the standard suspension is not as hard as DCC sport it should be fine? Early days but so far for me DCC is not as wonderful as some say. Comfort certainly doesn't turn the car into a Citroen DS ride wise. I guess DCC does allow you to adjust things but I can't see me changing it much once I find the best compromise. 

Edited by juan27

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

I've got DCC on mine, but I do find I'm using standard mode most of the time as Sport is too hard for the uneven country roads I use most days. It makes the car slower due to constant corrections being required. That being said I could live with it permanently in Sport if I really had to. Assuming the standard suspension is not as hard as DCC sport it should be fine? Early days but so far for me DCC is not as wonderful as some say. Comfort certainly doesn't turn the car into a Citroen DS ride wise. I guess DCC does allow you to adjust things but I can't see me changing it much once I find the best compromise. 

Surely comfort would be preferable on long motorway drives and on particularly poor roads, normal for every day driving and sport for when you want to attack the twisty stuff?     

That's what I'm hoping anyway, certainly on the MK7 Golf GTI/R owners forums they can't rate it enough!

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:45, juan27 said:

Yep I got one, not sure where they are supposed to be stowed as mine was on the backseat in its wrapper.  To be fair, I asked the dealer to leave all the plastics on the car though so I could unwrap the interior.

2 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

Surely comfort would be preferable on long motorway drives and on particularly poor roads, normal for every day driving and sport for when you want to attack the twisty stuff?     

That's what I'm hoping anyway, certainly on the MK7 Golf GTI/R owners forums they can't rate it enough!

Comfort for me, Sport is way too harsh on the roads near me.

34 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

Yep I got one, not sure where they are supposed to be stowed as mine was on the backseat in its wrapper.  To be fair, I asked the dealer to leave all the plastics on the car though so I could unwrap the interior.

Have you checked under passenger seat? 

3 hours ago, Muzza80 said:

That'll be attack the smooth twisty stuff then (see my earlier comment). 

To be fair I haven't really had sufficient time (2.5 weeks and 500 miles) to fully appraise, and I'm wouldn't say I was disappointed with DCC, just don't see it as some kind of revelation straight out of the box.

To be positive the 245 straight out of the box has a gearchange quality that my O2 VRS only achieved after 50K miles and no lost initial movement in the brake pedal like the O2 had before its first pad replacement.  These are simple but important things "when you want to attack the twisty stuff"