vRS245 ordered club

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments on the DCC folks.

Leaning towards leaving it off, as probably only going for a 24/36 month lease this time around (usually go PCP, but the lease deals are so good at the moment, hard to resist).

On 27/09/2017 at 09:13, Muzza80 said:

Posted this in the FL thread then noticed this one!

So I'll chime in here with my order details.

Car ordered 11th September, VRS245 DSG Hatchback

Options:

• Moon white metallic
  • Grey interior stitching
  • Panoramic Electric Sunroof

• Dynamic chassis control (DCC)

• Adaptive cruise control

• Canton sound system

• Rear view parking camera

• Heated windscreen

• Temporary space saver spare wheel

• Umbrella (for electric seats / CANTON) 

• Heated washer nozzles in front

• Crew Protection Assistant

• Rear side airbags

Originally had ordered the towbar too but since removed it as we will be keeping my current 2011 VRS TDI which has one, I've no build week assigned yet  but dealer has advised somewhere towards the end of January!!?? 

Going to be a long wait! e t

Just amended my order and added Kessy too, might as well!    :)

3 hours ago, Thornster said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments on the DCC folks.

Leaning towards leaving it off, as probably only going for a 24/36 month lease this time around (usually go PCP, but the lease deals are so good at the moment, hard to resist).

Maybe see if you can get a test drive on a VRS on 19s without DCC?  Doesn't have to be a 245.  

8 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I just had a look at lease deals for the 245. To be nosey. Wish I hadn’t bothered. Works out cheaper than my FL deal. Not by much, but obviously the kit level is higher. Ah well, you win some you lose some. 

Its timing @SC03OTT, PCP's were half the price PCH's on the 23/05/17 when I ordered mine, I think you'd get an 18 plate if your placed an order for a 245 on a PCH this Monday coming

14 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Its timing @SC03OTT, PCP's were half the price PCH's on the 23/05/17 when I ordered mine, I think you'd get an 18 plate if your placed an order for a 245 on a PCH this Monday coming

Oh I only got my FL in June haha. I’m not in the market for one, was just looking. 

On 9/20/2017 at 16:19, michaelg17 said:

Thanks for confirming - I will check and see if it's possible and what it does to the monthly payments if so...

So turns out it was too late to change this as I now have been allocated BW42 so should hopefully have it by November...

@themanwithnoaim did you fit your DTUK box yet and if so how're you finding it?

23 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

So turns out it was too late to change this as I now have been allocated BW42 so should hopefully have it by November...

That's great news, when did you place your order with Andy exactly?   Should give me a better idea when to expect mine :)

I'd be looking at the JB4 as opposed to the DTUK myself https://www.jb4shop.co.uk/products/jb4-for-vag-1-8-and-2-0-tsi

6 minutes ago, Muzza80 said:

I ordered it on 17th July originally. Will have a read about the JB4 now - any reason why that over the DTUK? Haven't had a tuning box before - just have the pedal box on my Fabia and Octavia just now which I like. Tempted to get one for the Fabia (which we'll probably keep) to make it a little more fun - it's the 90 PS one so would take it to 114.

That's great news, when did you place your order with Andy exactly?   Should give me a better idea when to expect mine :)

I'd be looking at the JB4 as opposed to the DTUK myself https://www.jb4shop.co.uk/products/jb4-for-vag-1-8-and-2-0-tsi

1 minute ago, michaelg17 said:

I ordered it on 17th July originally. Will have a read about the JB4 now - any reason why that over the DTUK? Haven't had a tuning box before - just have the pedal box on my Fabia and Octavia just now which I like. Tempted to get one for the Fabia (which we'll probably keep) to make it a little more fun - it's the 90 PS one so would take it to 114.

Ah way back in July!!    So 4 months then or there about's which puts me to mid Jan.....     

The JB4 is a far more advanced system, you can manually control the boost increase, it also has control over AFR which the DTUK doesn't, you can use it for reading/clearing faults, logging data and various other things.    It's got fantastic reviews over the pond from a lot of the GTI & R owners groups.    It's what I'll be getting for sure.     

Just now, Muzza80 said:

Ah way back in July!!    So 4 months then or there about's which puts me to mid Jan.....     

The JB4 is a far more advanced system, you can manually control the boost increase, it also has control over AFR which the DTUK doesn't, you can use it for reading/clearing faults, logging data and various other things.    It's got fantastic reviews over the pond from a lot of the GTI & R owners groups.    It's what I'll be getting for sure.     

Interesting - better than the Racechips one with the Bluetooth connection then?

Actually whilst I've been waiting on a BW, I've been deliberating over other options (including a Golf R estate, Seat Leon Cupra ST 4WD etc). Still not 100% sure but test-driving a Golf R next week (all the way in Kirkcaldy of all places!)

Just now, michaelg17 said:

Interesting - better than the Racechips one with the Bluetooth connection then?

Actually whilst I've been waiting on a BW, I've been deliberating over other options (including a Golf R estate, Seat Leon Cupra ST 4WD etc). Still not 100% sure but test-driving a Golf R next week (all the way in Kirkcaldy of all places!)

Here's the technical bumf:

The JB4 is a true user adjustable plug and play solution for all MQB based models in the VW Audi Group range. Power Gains: Starting at 45bhp and 45ft lb with 91 octane/95Ron with + 4.50psi boost over stock on the default setting. Up to 100bhp and 70ft-lb with bolt on modifications, higher octane and boost adjustment with the optional BMS Data Cable. 
The JB4 BETA features CANbus connectivity for more advanced tuning, direct AFR control, advanced safety systems for boost, air/fuel ratio, fuel trims, and engine knock, boost mapping by gear for improved traction, integrated water/meth control, and much more.
The unit can be used with our JB4 Bluetooth Connect kit providing for full in car engine parameter display, map switching and adjustment The JB4 Beta can also be stacked over a flash tuning allowing for fine tuning as well as meth control with safety measures in place and full logging.

Just now, Muzza80 said:

Here's the technical bumf:

The JB4 is a true user adjustable plug and play solution for all MQB based models in the VW Audi Group range. Power Gains: Starting at 45bhp and 45ft lb with 91 octane/95Ron with + 4.50psi boost over stock on the default setting. Up to 100bhp and 70ft-lb with bolt on modifications, higher octane and boost adjustment with the optional BMS Data Cable. 
The JB4 BETA features CANbus connectivity for more advanced tuning, direct AFR control, advanced safety systems for boost, air/fuel ratio, fuel trims, and engine knock, boost mapping by gear for improved traction, integrated water/meth control, and much more.
The unit can be used with our JB4 Bluetooth Connect kit providing for full in car engine parameter display, map switching and adjustment The JB4 Beta can also be stacked over a flash tuning allowing for fine tuning as well as meth control with safety measures in place and full logging.

My only concern would be not really knowing what I'm doing with all of that as I'm not so technical/engineering minded!

46 minutes ago, michaelg17 said:

My only concern would be not really knowing what I'm doing with all of that as I'm not so technical/engineering minded!

Yep, thats why I stuck with the DTUK tuning box, a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing but, the JB4 is great if you really know what you're doing.

Theres a JB4 fitted to that 560PSI monster superb check it out in the Superb build threads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelg17 said:

Well I can confirm the DTUK TUNINGBOX  & a vRS245 are a happy blend, makes the car what it should have been outta the factory, kinda knocks the refinement outta it & gives it that bit of edgyness that a sports model should have. Very many years ago (without a lot of the drivers aids) I had a Lancia Stratos, I used to kiss the roof for letting me out alive every time I drove it, nowhere near as edgy but, thats the kinda feeling.

Rolling roading it at the end of the month but, my seat of bum dyno is very happy if often, clenched tightly !

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Looking at the 245 as the current lease deals are very good. Am I being too optimistic hoping my wife will get 35mpg on her mixed a/b/dual carriage way (mostly) commute of 20 miles each way?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Max M4X WW said:

Hi all,

Looking at the 245 as the current lease deals are very good. Am I being too optimistic hoping my wife will get 35mpg on her mixed a/b/dual carriage way (mostly) commute of 20 miles each way?

Thanks

yes, its not a car built for fuel economy

1 minute ago, Max M4X WW said:

Hi all,

Thanks

I'm averaging around 33mpg but I'm only 400miles into ownership and that's with plenty of 90mph stints on dual carriageway. 

Hi lads,

I'm new to this site although i have been driving a diesel 184 vrs for the last 2 years.

Ordered my 245 yesterday.Quoted a lead time of 18 -20 weeks  which takes me into

feb/march 2018 :sadsmile:. Moon white dsg with dcc. ( am i the only person that likes white? )

Will i really have to wait 4/5 months? Has anyone waited longer or have the majority of

people received their cars sooner? Cheers.

13 minutes ago, 1BODGER said:

Hi lads,

I'm new to this site although i have been driving a diesel 184 vrs for the last 2 years.

Ordered my 245 yesterday.Quoted a lead time of 18 -20 weeks  which takes me into

feb/march 2018 :sadsmile:. Moon white dsg with dcc. ( am i the only person that likes white? )

Will i really have to wait 4/5 months? Has anyone waited longer or have the majority of

I ordered in July, 10 weeks later I took delivery. Originally I was told Dec, then revised to October then September delivery so it may reduce as you go further into the process I guess. 

32 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

yes, its not a car built for fuel economy

29 minutes ago, Hlywd said:

I'm averaging around 33mpg but I'm only 400miles into ownership and that's with plenty of 90mph stints on dual carriageway. 

Thanks. I'd hope it would do 35 - I could get this when trying fairly hard with my old M135i!

1 hour ago, 1BODGER said:

Hi lads,

We were told to expect around Christmas when we ordered Mrs Rubbles 245 this week, dealer had tried to get an unallocated vehicle, but there was only a meteor grey or a red one available, tried to get red, but missed it. So she is going for black, with canton, spare wheel and winter pack. Not in a huge rush, so we'll see what happens.

9 hours ago, Max M4X WW said:

Hi all,

Thanks

28 so far after 650 miles, mostly commuting on country roads and in town. 

• Sad 1