vRS245 ordered club

1 hour ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I was lead to believe it'll loose around 15k over 2 years and 30k miles. Never mind, its just a car, all white goods cars like these loose money. I'll keep this until the mk8 Golf R estate is out then swap to that. That's the plan anyway.

It's probably the cheapest way to get an estate with four exhaust pipes if you are not into modifying .

Im a member there, they don't talk as much as you boys so it's always fun to see what you lot are up to :)

Could not stay long on the VWROC website it was so sad reading about all the reliability issues owners were having and the final straw was even worse so many get stolen apparently so better get a big dog and leave in the back of your estate. Could to see some VW owners have a sense of homour as all Skoda owners need thick skin to combat Audi and VW owners looking down their long noses at us.

27 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know according to Jay you pay £11,000 more for the extra 64bhp, cheap I suppose unless you spend £500 on your Skoda and get a re-map.

Extra 20 quid a month for the 4wd, and active display. Other than the extra power and 4 poo shoots it's much the same. Glad your no longer newbie status, always happy to help :)

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Could not stay long on the VWROC website it was so sad reading about all the reliability issues owners were having and the final straw was even worse so many get stolen apparently so better get a big dog and leave in the back of your estate. Could to see some VW owners have a sense of homour as all Skoda owners need thick skin to combat Audi and VW owners looking down their long noses at us.

I had my last vrs when I was working for BMW and I had to take the company car when I started working for Audi.

2 hours ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Depends on the spec. My Golf R is 39,915 and in to years time it'll be worth around 25. The vrs I ordered was around 32 new I think and in 2 years they said it'll be worth around 18 at my mileage. Makes them about even, hence it was only £20 a month more for the golf in my spec, worth it alone for the 4wd let alone the extra power.

Guess you could not go over the 40grand threshold or you would end up paying £450 per year road tax like one my friend's Merecedes SLC.

Agreed, I'm not into mods personally. I have also done a fair few track days and will be doing plenty more with my new employer this year. Those little Clio 182s are super quick.

I don't think anyone has raced a Clio182  for many many years.

18 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

Ha ha they can always be found at track days with cages in but not seen one on the road in ages.

I think rust probably wiped most of them out and the others crashed attempting to go round corners. I used to be a stand up comic but too old now have to sit down and type instead.

30 minutes ago, Famous_Afro_Jay said:

I had my last vrs when I was working for BMW and I had to take the company car when I started working for Audi.

Was that a diesel Fabia because I had one of those, even surprised a Merc 500SL owner once going round a roundabout with the 4th gear pull.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:12, Reddazforever said:

Haha definitely not.... my local dealer has 2 brand new 245s in stock - one white estate and a black hatch :D:D

Skoda dealer in Leicester has 67 reg Meteor Grey hatch with lots of extras for £25,250 apparently interest from someone in Wales.

23 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

When do you get your Moon White estate, wife loves her Moon White Karoq SEL.

Have been promised it will be built by BW18 at the latest so hopefully have it towards end of May. Just the 7 month wait! 

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:51, Reaperrsx said:

Finally managed to get my car today.  Had originally gone for red but switched to grey as Car was in the UK and ready to pick up.

question for those on PCH and have their cars what service interval are you on?

seems to be so many options and really need a good amount of time sat in the Car setting it all up.

E2731A51-EF5A-4173-9C34-1EBCF18FE2EF.jpeg

5DF6EDDA-107A-46D3-AFEE-99A216E366BC.jpeg

Paying local Skoda dealer 3 services 10K, 20K, 30K and M.O.T. for just £10.52 per month over 3 years.

56 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

So far OT now i might as well link this.  A members that knows about quick cars Clio 182.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/419718-toms-clio-182 

Just looked at all the mods on that Clio must have cost more than the car, but at least he fitted uprated discs/pads, brakelines and brake fluid. Once did 50 laps round Croft on one track day when E36 M3's had cooked their brakes after 2 or 3 laps. Larger hollow anti roll bars, front strut brace poly bushes essential for real track fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcburns88 said:

Have been promised it will be built by BW18 at the latest so hopefully have it towards end of May. Just the 7 month wait! 

You must have the patience of St. Patrick, by the way passed through Cork when I was just seventeen on the way to kiss the Blarney stone, very precarious if you,ve ever tried it.