vRS245 ordered club

5 hours ago, Rybu79 said:

Can anyone advise on price they got circa 10,000 hatchback deals for minimal options to get an idea of base cost? 

Lease is 2 years?

Thanks

ryan. 

I’ve got basic hatch for 36 mths and paying £269/mth with no deposit at 12k mileage pa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/02/2018 at 17:20, Ursicles said:

Those wheels make the ride height look so so odd.

(Not hating/trolling btw - have ordered the exact same car!)

DOnt worry - it’s just due to the camber and uneven road surface. The ride height looks fine on flat surfaces.

Thought I'd add some more thoughts on the 245 DSG hatch now that I've had it for a couple of days...

Good:

1. Incredibly smooth gearbox. I struggle to even notice gearchanges.

2. Premium feel - coming from a 2016 B9 Audi A4, this feels a nicer cabin with all the extras of alcantara heated elec seats etc.

3. Steering is direct and linear. 

4. Switchgear feels solid and has soft touch indicator stalks which I liked on my old M135i.

5. Infotainment system is simple to set up and intuitive

6. Standard electric mirrors

7. Electric seats and mirrors can be configured to each key so I can share the car with my wife without having to constantly adjust the seat and mirrors manually each time

8. Lumbar support is great

9. Front and rear parking sensors with visual aid on infotainment screen is a boon for me as I have to parallel park on my road

Unsure about:

1. Lack of shortcut buttons for changing radio station/source when driving (rather than poking at the touchscreen)

2. So many menus on the instrument cluster makes it hard to decide what I want to see there

3. Start/stop is pretty intrusive - it shuts the engine off quite often before I've even come to a stop!

Not a fan of:

1. Speedo goes in 20mph increments so 30 and 70 limits in the UK aren't exactly signposted very well (I tend to need digital speedo to be sure!)

Just now, stepdavi said:

I agree on stop start. Makes steering stupidly heavy when it activates too. In habit now of start car deactivate stop start on every journey now. 

One thing I hated with stop start was how long it took to unlock the steering wheel once it had restarted.

There were a few times where I was waiting to pull out of a junction or car park and have done so quickly and the steering wheel hadn't unlocked in time, meaning i momentarily went straight instead of left/right.

Oh one other minor niggle is the one USB port in the front is under the climate controls etc. so you have to have a cable hanging out in view all the time if you have your phone plugged in for carplay etc. No USB ports in the armrest space. Seems a bit of a cost-saving measure and is a bit annoying.

Ok! My order confirmation form stated front and rear heated seats - it's only got fronts. Odd. Being honest though I prefer it without, saves kids messing with them / leaving them on. 

I’ve been lurking for a while watching this. I ordered mine in November, and have not bothered the dealer about order status. Just had an email to say the car is at the dealer, will be delivered on the 20th March. Sweeeeeeeet!

Can’t wait now.

Red estate with DCC and Canton FYI.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nismogreen said:

I’ve been lurking for a while watching this. I ordered mine in November, and have not bothered the dealer about order status. Just had an email to say the car is at the dealer, will be delivered on the 20th March. Sweeeeeeeet!

Can’t wait now.

Makes absolutely no sense, also ordered November and being told June.... 

Enjoy though!

30 minutes ago, nismogreen said:

Can’t wait now.

Lucky you & great spec!! 

52 minutes ago, Mcburns88 said:

Makes absolutely no sense, also ordered November and being told June.... 

Enjoy though!

I ordered mine at the end of October and apparently mines getting built next week, so end of March for me 

There may be many factors here as to why some are quicker than others?  It is very weird if there is no logic to their processing of orders.

I'm all new to this but maybe dealer having slots pre-booked with the factory, lease companies taking orders but not putting through to Skoda straight away, shortage of DSG boxes, putting together cars with similar extras (sunroof etc) to aid production...

Car ordered 13th of Nov, built on week 7 and currently in transport to Port; mine was a standard estate with no DSG etc (except spare wheel).  Mine aligns pretty well with the 01/03/18 required date on my order but I think it will be a week or two later than that.  I did no chasing or complaining to get this date it has progressed at its own pace, although on my order screenshot from months ago my priority says (0) Urgent?

Edited by buaan

For those of you waiting for your cars, it's well worth the wait. I'm really enjoying the car so far. I've really noticed how much attention it gets - I've always been more of a Q-car man myself going for mineral grey and debadged approach on my M135i, so it's quite a change having a bright red car with massive black wheels. I was parked up in the car on Sunday messing with the settings and a chap stopped to have a chat with me to say he thought I'd made a great choice. He asked why I went for the vRS and that he wanted an estate version with 4 wheel drive for family lugging duties if they did one. Really nice surprise to have such positive comments - I think I'm probably used to negativity from my previous Audi which was keyed twice for no reason! 

On another note, I think it's amazing how little press coverage they get. Well and truly overlooked in favour of the Golf GTi but the 245 really is a perfect fun family car. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david2vRS said:

What dealership was this and when did you take the deal? That's a great price you got!

Got the deal on 11th Nov (last day it was open I believe) and from Mitchell Skoda - but other dealers were all offering similar at the time. Just needed to haggle around terms.

5 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Got the deal on 11th Nov (last day it was open I believe) and from Mitchell Skoda - but other dealers were all offering similar at the time. Just needed to haggle around terms.

Brilliant, shame i wasn't looking for a new motor back then! Would take there hand off for that now..........

On 19 February 2018 at 14:22, JuanGandini said:

Thought I'd add some more thoughts on the 245 DSG hatch now that I've had it for a couple of days...

Unsure about:

1. Lack of shortcut buttons for changing radio station/source when driving (rather than poking at the touchscreen)

2. So many menus on the instrument cluster makes it hard to decide what I want to see there

Not a fan of:

1. Speedo goes in 20mph increments so 30 and 70 limits in the UK aren't exactly signposted very well (I tend to need digital speedo to be sure!)

Unsure about:

1. Shortcut facility for radio stn/source is logically placed on the steering wheel, where you don't have to poke the touchscreen and take your eyes off the road. 

2. I think you can enable/disable some of the menus. If they dudn't show on the cluster there'd be pribably be complaints. 

Not a fan of :

1. Digital speedo display is available in the instrument menu cluster. 

1 hour ago, Reddazforever said:

Got mine from there at start of Nov too. Matched Simpson's deals and found a car in UK. 7 days from order to collection. First time i got lucky with car.

39 minutes ago, stepdavi said:

Got mine from there at start of Nov too. Matched Simpson's deals and found a car in UK. 7 days from order to collection. First time i got lucky with car.

Nice - my current lease doesn’t end till 7 March so was happy to wait - but now sitting with no delivery date - am

ecpecting a June delivery the way things are going :angry:

Edited by Reddazforever