vRS245 ordered club

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Porsche Cayman S 350bhp 310lb/ft torque weight 1430kg. My VRS245 now has 302bhp 345lb/ft torque and weighs 1370kg. Anyone who knows about mid-range acceleration knows that torque determines how quick your car accelerates and power or bhp determines your top speed!

What you do with your foot decides how fast you go. The same applies to the car you overtook. 

5 minutes ago, chuno said:

Well, i've just joined the club.

Feel like a bit of a cheat considering how long some of you have been waiting, but just put down a deposit on this and having it delivered next week.

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-car/1838977/skoda-octavia-2-0-tsi-245-vrs-5dr-petrol-hatchback/

Can't wait.

Nice, hope you didn't pay too much local dealer in Leicester has a Meteor Grey 245 for sale on 67 plate, when it had 10miles on the clock they asked £24,500 but now it has just under 2,000miles on it the price has fallen to just £22,000.

21 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Used to love it in my 911 turbo ... people trying to race me :)

Wasn't even worth the effort when u know u can hit 189 (which i did in germany) and sub 4 secs to 60 :)

That sounds like safe driving 189mph on public roads!

On 17/03/2018 at 19:51, shyVRS245 said:

Nice, hope you didn't pay too much local dealer in Leicester has a Meteor Grey 245 for sale on 67 plate, when it had 10miles on the clock they asked £24,500 but now it has just under 2,000miles on it the price has fallen to just £22,000.

This also has 2k miles on a 67 plate

Not too bad i didn't think, especially as it has a factory fitted towbar (which is something i wanted).

Did see that one, but i had my heart set on a red one, so this is ideal.

Edited by john999boy
Price removed at OP's request.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, stepdavi said:

I really like my 245. Nippy and practical but even with remap I would not think it would hold a light to even a base new 911. I'm sure the Porsche driver couldn't be bothered racing such a fast passenger driver

My last track day I was driving a Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo both with just under 500bhp so not just a fast passenger, lost count how many laps i've done at too many circuits to mention, unless you want me to list them.

21 hours ago, EddGee said:

What has that got to do with how you drive? 

Sounds like you’ve been getting away with it for years. 

Driving like you do (if it’s true) I sincerely hope you get caught and punished. 

Zero respect...

Generally don't decide whether I respect someone or not until I meet them. Michael Schumacher was much nicer in person than he came across on TV for example!

7 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

That sounds like safe driving 189mph on public roads!

He stated he was in Germany which is likely to be an unrestricted autobahn otherwise why would he state Germany?

You on the other hand have told everyone you reached a speed of 119mph whilst out playing games from the lights with other motorists. 

Are you some sort of troll? Either that or a couple of cans short of a six pack dude. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chuno said:

This also has 2k miles on a 67 plate

21k. Not too bad i didn't think, especially as it has a factory fitted towbar (which is something i wanted).

Did see that one, but i had my heart set on a red one, so this is ideal.

Funny because Colin at Leicester dealer said that someone in Wales had shown some interest in the grey car.

4 minutes ago, EddGee said:

He stated he was in Germany which is likely to be an unrestricted autobahn otherwise why would he state Germany?

You on the other hand have told everyone you reached a speed of 119mph whilst out playing games from the lights with other motorists. 

Are you some sort of troll? Either that or a couple of cans short of a six pack dude. 

An Autobahn is still a public road last time i checked, I didn't say he was speeding just making the point he was being a hypocrite! Thanks for the insults by the way if that makes you feel better.

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thanks for the insults by the way if that makes you feel better.

You’re more than welcome. 

Not so much shy are we?....

More gob****e in my opinion.

Edited by EddGee

25 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I'm getting paid to type this, what's your excuse, can't find anyone to fight down the local pub?

I’ll take that as a little nibble. 

A good result seeing as you’ve wound up quite a few people on this forum. 

I don’t want to waste anymore time talking to keyboard warriors. 

1 hour ago, chuno said:

Well, i've just joined the club.

Feel like a bit of a cheat considering how long some of you have been waiting, but just put down a deposit on this and having it delivered next week.

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-car/1838977/skoda-octavia-2-0-tsi-245-vrs-5dr-petrol-hatchback/

Can't wait.

Good decission, I know you had reservations about going "pre-loved" but, I'd guess you took it for a test drive

Edited by themanwithnoaim

Apologies im sure this has been asked before, how long does it take from BW to the car actually being delivered (roughly)

I currently have an unconfirmed BW of Week 15, if this was confirmed when could I expect delivery?

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

An Autobahn is still a public road last time i checked, I didn't say he was speeding just making the point he was being a hypocrite! Thanks for the insults by the way if that makes you feel better.

Yes it is... where its legal to do that speed and other road users are used to people doing that speed and drive accordingly.  

BTW - wasn't a super car experience either, was my own car :)

3 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Yes it is... where its legal to do that speed and other road users are used to people doing that speed and drive accordingly.  

BTW - wasn't a super car experience either, was my own car :)

Why is BMW M3 DRIVER on a Skoda forum!

5 hours ago, EddGee said:

Our man in the office earlier today...

Funny you mention karting got presented with 3rd place prize by John Watson (did a bit of Formula One if your old enough to remember) at the NEC indoors in my youth, said I was great on the brakes and did some stellar overtakes. Ask him next time you bump into him. Still got his signed autograph on the prize if you would like me to upload it for you. You see I am shy because I am famous and it makes me laugh how people who have never met presume to guess so much about me. Also my father worked on Formula One cars up until his retirement, so a bit more than a keyboard warrior as someone posted earlier. Getting bored with all this school yar