vRS245 ordered club

1 minute ago, AwaoffSki said:

I was a Car Spray Painter.

The point I was trying to make is that they could have used black gloss polycarbonate in the manufacturing process which is expensive but gives a longer lasting better quality finish. However the choose the cheaper, inferior route instead

Just now, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, been told by my dealer I still have an unconfirmed BW of week 15 so I'm still looking at delivery in late mate or june :-(

As part of the update the dealer offered me GAP insurance for £150, is this a good deal.?

Is that over 2 years? I paid something like £120 for 2 years so you can probably get it cheaper

7 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, been told by my dealer I still have an unconfirmed BW of week 15 so I'm still looking at delivery in late mate or june :-(

As part of the update the dealer offered me GAP insurance for £150, is this a good deal.?

Sounds cheap to me they normally charge between £299-£399.

50 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

I paid around £85 for two years?  Is yours a 3 year deal?

1 hour ago, martysparty99 said:

I don't think that's sufficient, you can pay GAP insurance for a little over £100 from an independent company.

14 minutes ago, Cm11 said:

I’m not a fan but it makes sense to get it. 

I was pessimistic but it does make sense I agree, if the car gets totalled or nicked one month in to your lease the insurance company won't pay out the value of the car including the payments the finance company expected to receive, for £90 the GAP will cover me for a shortfall and give me piece of mind.  We shall see if it pays off in the end but for £45 a year I can't grumble, most people insure their mobile phones for 4X more than that a year.

Edited by buaan

38 minutes ago, buaan said:

I was pessimistic but it does make sense I agree, if the car gets totalled or nicked one month in to your lease the insurance company won't pay out the value of the car including the payments the finance company expected to receive, for £90 the GAP will cover me for a shortfall and give me piece of mind.  We shall see if it pays off in the end but for £45 a year I can't grumble, most people insure their mobile phones for 4X more than that a year.

Still got my 6 year old I Phone because it fits into holder near handbrake thoughtfully provided by those simply clever Skoda designers! Pretty sure latest I Phone won't fit.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mcburns88 said:

Had a message from my dealer to say he has good news on my production slot. It was wk18 so fingers crossed it will be built pretty soon. 

Gonna give him a call back tomorrow to find out new week. 

BW13 confirmed for me now, came forward from BW18. Should have the car end of April, the end is in sight finally :)

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Still got my 6 year old I Phone because it fits into holder near handbrake thoughtfully provided by those simply clever Skoda designers! Pretty sure latest I Phone won't fit.

Haha good point, I tried last night trying to figure out what the hell the holder was for and my iphone doesn't with the case on it.  I think I'll toss it in the glove box.

Just a quick note of thanks to you guys on the forum for the words of wisdom about the auto dipping wing mirror feature to aid parallel parking and avoid the kerb. I set it up a couple of days ago and it made my week. I have to parallel park on my road as I don;t have a driveway. The 19'' alloys look like kerb magnets so hopefully that little feature will save them!

47 minutes ago, buaan said:

Haha good point, I tried last night trying to figure out what the hell the holder was for and my iphone doesn't with the case on it.  I think I'll toss it in the glove box.

Yeah discovered this handy feature when I bought new 63 plate Octavia and then traded that in for 64 plate VRS Tdi DSG ex-Skoda car from HQ in Milton Keynes. It is one feature since the MK3 was designed probably in 2011/2012 for release in 2013, that hasn't been updated for the 2017 FL model year cars.

3 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

I got 2 year GAP coverage for £100 total!

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Perhaps the ship takes the long way to you guys in Ireland!

VAG used to transport by Car Transporter from the UK to Dublin when I lived in Ireland, Renault/Citroen/Peugeot all via Ferry to Rosslare.

47 minutes ago, JuanGandini said:

Just a quick note of thanks to you guys on the forum for the words of wisdom about the auto dipping wing mirror feature to aid parallel parking and avoid the kerb. I set it up a couple of days ago and it made my week. I have to parallel park on my road as I don;t have a driveway. The 19'' alloys look like kerb magnets so hopefully that little feature will save them!

Could you remind me how to turn it on ?

10 minutes ago, njr911 said:

Could you remind me how to turn it on ?

Put the car in reverse with the mirror adjuster set to L, adjust the mirror down to your satisfaction.  When you restart the car or move past 7mph the mirror should go back up to the normal position for your driver profile.

I think you might have to have the adjuster set in the L position for it to work.

I tried this but readjusted it back up a bit as if you are reversing other than too parallel park it is very disorientating as you can't see obstacles if it is pointed right down where you can see the rear wheel.

Edited by buaan

4 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

People just need to be aware there are different types of GAP insurance offering very different levels of cover so not always a simple price comparison.  Found this summary on What Car website which may help.

and wk15 build should result in an early-mid May delivery (assuming 3 weeks to transport which I believe is the norm)

8B3FF8D3-2547-4594-9DB7-4290022528F5.jpeg