Window rubber seals - main dealer only?

I'm assuming the rubber seals which are attached on the side of the rear windows are only for purchase and fitting via a main dealer? Can't see them on Superskoda.

Took the kids to Longleat today and the monkeys may have taken a nibble! They've left me alone the past 5 times this year :(

73DFC12D-29B8-4E12-826B-81E51C7DBD30_zps

Those bloody monkeys, I went a few years back with my mate in his old SAAB 93, ended up having a tug of war with a big male monkey who managed to pick out the rubber window seal from the windscreen.

I managed to hang out of the window and grab the end of the seal before he had it away, however it took over 10 secs of wrestling before he gave up and   went on to the car behind and started removing the wipers.

They are a bloody menace, I swore I would never go in there in my own car and so far have avoided it  - my daughter is keen to go though - might take SWMBO's car!

• Like 1

I cannot fathom why anyone with a decent car would go anywhere near the monkey enclosures.

My daughter and I spotted a brand new A5 getting bamboozled by the baboons in our local safari park a few months back, we stopped and waved in a fit of laughter as it snapped off the OSF wing mirror :hi:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, courty said:

I cannot fathom why anyone with a decent car would go anywhere near the monkey enclosures.

My daughter and I spotted a brand new A5 getting bamboozled by the baboons in our local safari park a few months back, we stopped and waved in a fit of laughter as it snapped off the OSF wing mirror :hi:

Plenty more prestige cars getting ransacked yesterday, so got away lightly. It was a gamble - just means what I saved on an annual pass is now going to pay for a new seal!

Edited by ToffeeMRD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, courty said:

Hell if we take the kids and dogs out (2 small Chihuahuas) then we take the 12 year old Honda Accord, don't even want the kids sitting in the vRS let alone taking it through a monkey enclosure.

• Like 1

Went to Longleat years ago, driven by a mate in his Dad's brand new VW Caravelle.

Thought we had got away lightly, then got home to discover the monkeys had bitten through the (painted) sealant, all along the rain channels on both sides of the roof! What a mess! :blink:

• Like 1

On 11/06/2017 at 19:24, pist0nbr0ke said:

Went to Longleat years ago, driven by a mate in his Dad's brand new VW Caravelle.

Thought we had got away lightly, then got home to discover the monkeys had bitten through the (painted) sealant, all along the rain channels on both sides of the roof! What a mess! :blink:

You'd have thought I'd know better living so close and that I've been going for the past 30+ years!