vRS Front fog light removal

If its a bulb change i messed about for ages at the front pulling the covers off trying to get my hand in . I eventually put the car up on ramps and got underneath. The engine cover comes off with about 8 torx screws 2 which are larger than normal. After that its easy. I did all 4 in 20 minutes .

37 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

H8 are the non-vRS fog light bulbs

IIRC the vRS has different bulbs, H16 rings a bell but, I'm not sure

Correct Sir  H16 bulbs are the Standard Fitment

I also think you can get to the bulbs Via the wheel arch liner, but not 100% sure 

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

8 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Sorry, I thought it was just the bulbs, my bad.

Not a problem (and thanks for the links).

Was considering LED replacement but seeing as I can't recall ever using the front fogs I don't feel it would be money well spent!

Followed the guide and did this yesterday, I NEVER want to do this again, the "hidden" bolts were a HUUUUUGE PITA to remove, took way longer than it should have, I wonder what the dealer recommended way of getting to those is?

14 hours ago, Spongefactory said:

Followed the guide and did this yesterday, I NEVER want to do this again, the "hidden" bolts were a HUUUUUGE PITA to remove, took way longer than it should have, I wonder what the dealer recommended way of getting to those is?

wheels off, arch liners off, rest is then really easy.

• Like 1