Gissin's White vRS project

Gissin

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:35, Baileydog said:

???

apparently shark take off the head and clean all your valves and egr valve out not 100% convinced by this so when I go down to have my remap done ill talk to them some more about it, I can only imagine its something like seafoam

well incredibly slow work this weekend mainly due to going out to watch the boxing and not getting in till 4am :sleepy: so that pretty much wrote my sunday off.

Spacers didn't fit like I wanted them to so whilst the wheels were off I gave the underside a clean and tidy up and put the new caps on

new cap.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

fairly busy weekend but got a few bits done:

wiring kits in for my sub - a few cuts and swear words, but its in :D - just waiting for my gain controller and work out where i want it then it'll be finished.

H+R spacers arrived - put them on and it looks much better with the rears now filling out the arch

saw some nice beading on my alloys with all the rain so shows the poor boys sealant 2 weeks in is still working well

DSC_0149.thumb.JPG.f0105fc67dd15a9afe859817beca998c.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

so to carry on from the audio : battery off - head unit out

DSC_0010.thumb.JPG.03ecb342de8f97dbf9d2f7214c20343d.JPG

Glove box out

DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.d6b0927f1cbbab6b046f4034883fc0f5.JPG

important bit here, once you remove the air bag switch do not turn on your ignition or put the battery back on or you will have a air bag light on and need VCDS to reset it( im not sure why these two keep inserting rotated but they do and I cant fix it :crying:)

glove.jpg.52ecc597265522043337ab93b50ec70d.jpg

piggy back for the remote using the cigarette fuse as my 12v

59a6c4b15640c_piggyback2.jpg.88e4c7d2253e16a7c03b8fbcc356a19c.jpg

Edited by Gissin

once ive ran all my cables down the inside of the car I decided I would like the option of taking thr sub out  easy, should I need the boot space so in came the vibe fast plug plug.JPG.9ba1309eb8d544f81d32cb3e5ed03f94.JPG

I also decided id like to be able to control the gain remotely for those early morning starts so I used a vibe BC10 which I had lying around from an old install on my Passat, previously I put this in my glove box but I never liked leaning across the car so I opted for the ashtray area this time - connected this up to the rca's once in place, I just drilled a hole through the back, wasn't neat if im honest but you wont ever see it soo..F** it :biggrin:

BC10.thumb.JPG.d98569ea88489d4639e22cda15338ee6.JPG

connected everything back up and amazingly everything worked first time, the sub is nothing special but adds just enough without being too much in your face, however it does need a good clean up

sub.JPG.3b255b618d780ca3156a17010185f010.JPG

Hi Gussin.

Love what you've done to the car so far. Just a couple of questions.

Are the wind defectors team heko? if so did you buy from ebay? I've seen plenty on the site, but i'm not conviced about quality? Also the wheel spacers. Did you just fit them on the rears? and what size are they?

Best Regards

Marc

15 hours ago, Marc83 said:

Hi Gussin.

Love what you've done to the car so far. Just a couple of questions.

Are the wind defectors team heko? if so did you buy from ebay? I've seen plenty on the site, but i'm not conviced about quality? Also the wheel spacers. Did you just fit them on the rears? and what size are they?

Best Regards

Marc

cheers man, still got a long way to go though :blink:

yes, they are team heko quality is fine on mine, fit well and haven't moved ( I don't have the metal clips in either)

yes rears only as the fronts sit quite well already but I may put a small set on at a later date - mine are 15mm each so 30mm over the axle

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:15, Gissin said:

wish I could have a vote option on my posts.. so feel free to post your votes below --- what to do next

• Eibach pro kit
  • Have the grill sprayed and the scratch at the front done
  • white line RARB
  • Shark remap

opted for having the scratch repaired and ill let them do the grill at the same time, two tone white and black - t minus 4 days

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:13, Gissin said:

opted for having the scratch repaired and ill let them do the grill at the same time, two tone white and black - t minus 4 days

cars in the garage, thought about doing it myself but I'm rubbish at spraying.

going to have the b pillars done and thinking about a black roof at a later date too

That Grill looks awesome m8, I have a 12 plate same as yours but estate Ive got my wheels going in for refurb next week and I think I will order one of these http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-Facelift-09-13-grille-frame-painted-in-CANDY-WHITE-F9E--original-Skoda-BLACK-EMBLEM after seeing how good yours looks

• 1 month later...

How do,

pace has slowed a bit due to Christmas coming up. but I've done a few bits and bobs

Brought a winter steel set and fitted a full new set of vredestein snowtrac 3's - not fitted yet. Also got a tyre bag set for my alloys and a x4 wheel rack fitted in the garage.

fitted my front dashcam (hardwired) - finally ...after doing my GF's car  first and her peasants 2 cars after that.

fitted my Briskoda window badge

Brought a wheel polishing set (drill sponges and cotton cones) - for when I take the alloys off I can deep clean and put 3+ decent coats of sealant on

fitted a full set of waterproof covers for the seats

(Hard wired using the rear wiper fuse)

hardwire.thumb.jpg.063b882952b518ba48ac2af6ad7d256f.jpg

(A pillar off and run the cable up the side closes to the glass)

DSC_0649.thumb.JPG.89b0b2c7551fa550345e28c26f4f486a.JPG

(push the cable into the gap in the headlining and found a nice position for it to be hidden by the mirror, reduced the cable and now sits next to sensor tube)

DSC_0651.thumb.JPG.834aac128cab28bbea7770cde0e690d5.JPG

DSC_0652.thumb.JPG.fedd5a1b81f5dd6d364dd46a479d201a.JPG