Another muppet uses a van as a weapon

CWARD

Another muppet uses a van as a weapon and targets worshippers as they return from the mosque. One dead and another 10 injured for no reason what's so ever :angry: 

3 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Well there is a reason. I'm not surprised really.

A bit like Jo Cox I'm guessing this is a very angry, unstable man. Unfortunately I doubt it'll be the last one.

This is part of the reaction the terrorist want. They want a religious war so they're quite happy for reprisals against their own people.

Yes, there will be people on both "sides" happy to see this news.
Some cheering him on because the Muslims deserve it [1], and some Islamic extremists who know that this is evidence they can use to try and recruit people and increase conflict.

[1] I've already seen people on Twitter gloating about it.

Less eyebrows are raised when you hire a van than buy a gun or start buying ingredients and componenets for IED's.  A car/van is a pretty lethal weapon in the wrong hands.

24 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Muppet? Terrorist. Yes, a TERRORIST. They aren't all brown people so let's call it out for what it is. An act of TERRORISM.

Not downplaying his terrorist intentions but he is a muppet, a coward, a piece of dog **** what ever label you want to use. Just the same as the others that attacked London and Manchester. No distinction between colour or religion. Argue that whichever way you wish.  I don't tend to refer to them as terrorists as the word indicates that I should be afraid of them and I'm not, so they've still lost.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

How can this deplorable event be terrorism? 

Or are they affiliated with a far right group? 

The attack with a van on London Bridge was a terror attack.

This was an attack, with a van, designed to cause terror. Which book says they have to be affiliated with a far right group to be classified as a terrorist?

Maybot condemns 'sickening' terror attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

6 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

How can this deplorable event be terrorism? 

Or are they affiliated with a far right group? 

"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/terrorism

There's a very real chance that this was carried out by someone who sympathises with the EDL/Britain First anti-muslim agenda/viewpoint/whatever you want to call it.

If confirmed it would match the definition quite well IMO.

• Like 2

Terrorism is a term used in its broadest sense to describe the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim

Whilst muppet from last night hasn't declared any affiliation yet but the the religious or ideological aspect could be easily argued as he attacked a particular group of people.

24 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

The attack with a van on London Bridge was a terror attack.

This was an attack, with a van, designed to cause terror. Which book says they have to be affiliated with a far right group to be classified as a terrorist?

Maybot condemns 'sickening' terror attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40322960

"Maybot?"

Interesting concept.........

It was an ideological based attack with the intent of affecting a particular section of society so it probably is a terrorist attack in that sense. Normally we'd think of a terrorist attack as being something which is only part of a larger intent. So guys affiliating themselves with ISIS etc.

It's less obvious when it's one lone nutjob (for now).

There are many things we'll never be able to defend against, nut jobs in vans is one of them. Knives and other pointy objects.

Clubs and bats. There will be many scenarios you can think up where you could use everyday items to carry out an attack.

We just have to accept that, remembering you're still far more likely to die driving to work than in a terrorist incident. In fact it's probably not a lie to say trousers are more dangerous than terrorists.

In this country we are protected a bit becasue it is quite hard to get firearms and it's actually quite hard to build an effective bomb.

the reasons the IRA's bombs were often so good was that they were using industrial explosives not mixing up bathtub bombs.

31 minutes ago, Aspman said:

IRA's bombs were often so good was that they were using industrial explosives not mixing up bathtub bombs.

I'd argue the complete opposite to that majority of their most successful attacks were from using huge quantities of easily manufactured home made fertiliser bombs i.e. Omagh and Docklands was 3000lb of homemade to 10lb of semtex. The semtex they had available was used for car booby traps and improvised grenades (coffee jar bombs). The types of fertilisers required are much more controlled now but you used have farmers ordering quantities that would have kept them going for decades if they hadn't provided it to PIRA.

The making of the explosives used currently take a bit more skill but the internet can provide them with all the materials they require and can be very effective. 

Edited by CWARD

The Metro had a quote about him......

Another neighbour said: ‘He had lived on the estate for a few years. He’s always been a complete c*** but this is really surprising.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/finsbury-park-suspect-named-as-father-of-four-darren-osborne-6720145/#ixzz4kTBsVUPW

It's about time this whipper up of anger and those like him were shut down and not given a voice.

Abhorrent comments on the Pro Leave FB pages and calls for a fund to be set up for the attacker.

FML really? Is this what Britain has really descended into?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gadgetman said:

I imagine the son of the van hire company wishes he'd never joined Facebook 

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/20/son-of-finsbury-park-van-owner-says-its-a-shame-they-dont-hire-out-tanks-6720775/

Oooh there should be an IQ test before you can get on the internet. Stupid boy.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

This is getting a bit George Orwell ,a hate preacher stands on the street or 10 years blocking traffic  which the police assist with, whilst preaching hate against non Muslim believers  and whilst receiving benefit and legal representation costing millions for him and his family and the home they have been provided with and a non Muslim voices hate and gets imprisoned ,I wondered why so many voted for brexit?

Edited by Sad555