1st time Skoda owner, not so lucky with purchase

Robertino

Changed air filter today. Got service kit delivered today as well. When I change fuel filter, do I need to pour diesel into fuel filter housing? I`m thinking about air in fuel system if I don`t.

Also I read this:

Changing the filter on a fuel-injected vehicle can be tricky. On fuel-injected vehicles, you need to disable the fuel pump to relieve the pressure on the fuel lines.

Is that true?

mann.jpg

kit.jpg

Edited by Robertino

I know we all have to learn somehow, but this sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Maybe the first time you do the fuel filter you could have someone who knows what they are doing so you do not make any costly mistakes.

Have never done one myself and it may be a doddle of a job, and i can go take a running jump!!!

Where did you read the information you gave??? reliable source???

• Like 1

I recently had an oil change service done on my Superb at the dealers.  Air filter, fuel filter etc wasn't done as apparently not needed...  In my view they should be changed so I did the air filter and pollen filter myself after a lot of reading on here, they were a breeze to do, but looking at the filter can for the fuel filter I gave it a miss.  Although I am mechanically minded, in truth I would have no idea what I was doing with it and will leave it to the dealer for next time!  Exactly as above, I would be fine if someone showed me the process first hand.  Every day is a school day...!  Cheers

Fuel filter is just a paper filter in metal housing at the top of engine. Undo few torx screws, replace paper filter element, close it backc. Not rocket science. Just need to know if system needs to be depressurized. If it is, then I will go to Skoda.