So, it's a hexagon self-locking nut, M20X1,5, code 6U0407643. It was fitted also on Skoda Favorit and VW Caddy-Pickup Mk2. Bear in mind that the torque for this nut is 290 Nm, the highest on Felicia.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

So, it's a hexagon self-locking nut, M20X1,5, code 6U0407643. It was fitted also on Skoda Favorit and VW Caddy-Pickup Mk2. Bear in mind that the torque for this nut is 290 Nm, the highest on Felicia.

VW/Skoda aren't interested in keeping anything but service items for these vehicles anymore and have gotten rid of pretty much all stock accordingly.

You might get lucky and find a dealer that still has some consumables of this sort or maybe even an Ebay search would be your best bets.

It is a pain for us who are trying to keep these on the road.

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

That's handy to know - so I guess an extra fine M20 Cleveloc is what I'm looking for - doesn't have to be necessarily from a car parts dealer

4 hours ago, Sheffield_Tiger said:

so I guess an extra fine M20 Cleveloc is what I'm looking for

As long as it is strong enough to withstand the tightening torque, you're good. Your 'Falicia' will be happy.

PS

Just for reference, the tightening torque for wheel studs is around 100 Nm. Imagine what 290 Nm means...

I didn't realise you were meant to replace the hub nuts, so I just reused the old ones when I changed the CV boots.  Like Ricardo says, 290Nm is a lot! Much harder to achieve than I thought it would be, my 1/2m breaker bar was not nearly enough so I had to borrow a "persuader" :)

auvRu6C.jpg

fdqBSH5.jpg