Im back.....again (fourth time)

Hi guys,

So after experiencing the good and the bad of Skoda in the past with having a 2011(61) Fabia vRS (Horrendous), 2012(12) Mk2 Octavia vRS (Good) and a 2013(63) Mk3 Octavia vRS (Loved it), I took a break from them and had an explore with a few other brands with the following: Ford Fiesta ST3 MP215, Audi S3 and a VW Golf GTD Estate, however the time has come to calm the changing of cars and go in to my first company car as i'm simply doing way to many miles.

So...now I'm back and today had my order confirmed for my Skoda Octavia SE L Hatch with the following options:

- 18" Alaris Wheels

- Black Magic Pearl Paint

- Canton Sound System

- LED Rear Lights (High)

Due to tax reasons iv only gone for the 1.6 TDI, but the misses has the same engine in her Audi A3 S-Line and seems more than adequate to be sat on the motorway.

This will be my first car that is not in the slightest sporty, but looking forward to the refinement and hopefully comfy nature the SE L has to offer.

I look forward to getting it.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

Gone the other way from company car - Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to my own 2014 VRS Tdi.

PHEV was extremely tax efficient and comfortable (SHMBO called it the electric armchair), but the VRS is nice and nippy and not too bad economy either. 

Nice to pick a car on performance for a change, and not have to study the CO2 emissions so not to get stung on the P11D value. Had a couple of superb greenlines previously because if this. Nice roomy motorway cars.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy the new Octavia, the benefits of no worry company car motoring are not to be underestimated.

all the best

Jason

• Like 2

Welcome (back). 

What's the wait time on a new se L? Is it just the same as a vrs (13-15 weeks ish?) 

What do you mean by led rear lights (high), what's the high mean? 

I just picked up my new vrs tdi last week and I'm absolutely loving it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenliner1 said:

Rob,

Gone the other way from company car - Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV to my own 2014 VRS Tdi.

PHEV was extremely tax efficient and comfortable (SHMBO called it the electric armchair), but the VRS is nice and nippy and not too bad economy either. 

Nice to pick a car on performance for a change, and not have to study the CO2 emissions so not to get stung on the P11D value. Had a couple of superb greenlines previously because if this. Nice roomy motorway cars.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy the new Octavia, the benefits of no worry company car motoring are not to be underestimated.

all the best

Jason

Yes wish I was in your shoes. 

Recently started using my own Golf GTD Estate for work but averaging 2500-3000 miles per month and the car is on a 66 plate and the air con broke, down to a stone chip in the condenser. VW wanted £760 to repair, i managed to get it done for £250 but thats what initiated the change as dont want the hassle and cost on my vehicle for work purposes.

enjoy your VRS, i loved my Mk3.

Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazy88 said:

Welcome (back). 

What's the wait time on a new se L? Is it just the same as a vrs (13-15 weeks ish?) 

What do you mean by led rear lights (high), what's the high mean? 

I just picked up my new vrs tdi last week and I'm absolutely loving it. 

Iv been told start of october so around 12 weeks, all my others have been 12 weeks delivery.

yes the high I believe is all LED lights and look slightly smoked so thought looked better in my opinion. 

Regards

rob

Just now, Robfab said:

Iv been told start of october so around 12 weeks, all my others have been 12 weeks delivery.

yes the high I believe is all LED lights and look slightly smoked so thought looked better in my opinion. 

Regards

rob

30 minutes ago, glosrich said:

High means all the rear lights are LED, kind of 'high spec', not just partial LED rear lights.

Cheers both for explaining! 

Hopefully the wait isn't too frustrating, I got lucky and there was one ready made exactly the spec I wanted so I only had to wait 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crazy88 said:

Cheers both for explaining! 

Hopefully the wait isn't too frustrating, I got lucky and there was one ready made exactly the spec I wanted so I only had to wait 3 weeks. 

Cheers, I think it will be frustrating, im currently in a Hyundai I30 Hire car  haha

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 17:22, Robfab said:

Hi guys,

So after experiencing the good and the bad of Skoda in the past with having a 2011(61) Fabia vRS (Horrendous), 2012(12) Mk2 Octavia vRS (Good) and a 2013(63) Mk3 Octavia vRS (Loved it), I took a break from them and had an explore with a few other brands with the following: Ford Fiesta ST3 MP215, Audi S3 and a VW Golf GTD Estate, however the time has come to calm the changing of cars and go in to my first company car as i'm simply doing way to many miles.

So...now I'm back and today had my order confirmed for my Skoda Octavia SE L Hatch with the following options:

- 18" Alaris Wheels

- Black Magic Pearl Paint

- Canton Sound System

- LED Rear Lights (High)

Due to tax reasons iv only gone for the 1.6 TDI, but the misses has the same engine in her Audi A3 S-Line and seems more than adequate to be sat on the motorway.

This will be my first car that is not in the slightest sporty, but looking forward to the refinement and hopefully comfy nature the SE L has to offer.

I look forward to getting it.

Thanks

Rob

Welcome back Rob!

As you know, I'm moving away from the O3 to the Kodiaq (when they eventually get round to assembling it from random parts in the Czech Republic :@ )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Welcome back Rob!

As you know, I'm moving away from the O3 to the Kodiaq (when they eventually get round to assembling it from random parts in the Czech Republic :@ )

Thanks mate.

Any news on when it arrives?

Think I may need a voyage to see you if you dont mind when it arrives.

Cheers

Rob

• Like 1

Not a problem, you know where I am.

Hopefully mid August for the Kodiaq, should know more when the factory opens again in BW30 (24th July) although there are rumours they are only having a 2 week shut down this year and will be back up and running next week

56 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Not a problem, you know where I am.

Hopefully mid August for the Kodiaq, should know more when the factory opens again in BW30 (24th July) although there are rumours they are only having a 2 week shut down this year and will be back up and running next week

Fingers crossed then.

what spec have you gone for? Cant imagine it to be low haha.

rob

2.0TSi 4x4 DSG Edition 7 seater in Petrol Blue with cream leather and a few options .........

Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function (PF4)
Ventilated front seats (PHD)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Heated leather MFSW (PLD)
Adaptive cruise control (PLI)
Ambient lighting (PN3)
Park assist (PPA)
Travel assist (PWD)
Area view with rear LED lights high (PWG)
Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen (9T1)
Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
Sun visors with mirror, illuminated (5XH)
Textile floor mats (0TD)

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 21:36, glosrich said:

High means all the rear lights are LED, kind of 'high spec', not just partial LED rear lights.

Not true... The high LED rears still have a halogen reverse and indicator

9838929s-480.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ahenners said:

Not true... The high LED rears still have a halogen reverse and indicator

9838929s-480.jpg

Looking at the phitos, it looks like the reverse has an led type module, cant comment cause never seen one in person

1 hour ago, Robfab said:

Looking at the phitos, it looks like the reverse has an led type module, cant comment cause never seen one in person

I think they are still reflector units those bits in the middle, for the indicator and reverse. Can't find a video showing the reverse, but the indicator doesn't have that instant on/off of an LED unit.

• Like 1