Yeti fix/failure EGR

Sad555

After seeing BBC Watchdog feature vag fix failures the last couple of weeks wondered if any Yeti owners had been effected in this way as VAG are offering a further  2 year warranty on fix/fail egr ,now a SERVICE ACTION !from fix/fail site

IMG_1675.PNG

Edited by Sad555

Strange that hundreds of VW,Audi ,seat and Skodas have clocked up between them millions of miles with no issues yet within minutes to weeks cars are breaking down etc ,EGR failures,DPF problems,limp mode etc,etc but VAG not TO BLAME.?

Taking our 2010 Yeti TDI 2l Elegance back to the service centre for the second time since having the 'fix'. Had been pretty happy with the car, bought new, despite a few issues with the sunroof, great drive, great family car. Since the 'fix'  no power, poor acceleration- struggling to maintain 60mph on a slight hill on the motorway. Engine stalled several times on one hour drive. Warning lights galore this time- not just the particulate filter light. I have no confidence that the car is fit to drive, and was actually advised by an agent at the service centre to avoid driving it before taking it to the service centre in a couple of days because of the risk of breakdown. The staff at the service centre are great- but they can't make up for or be held responsible for the pigs ear this 'fix' is turning out to be. If I cannot be assured that the 'fix' has actually reduced emissions I will be asking for a remap and reversal of the engine management adjustment, rather than further tweaking and failure to right the problems. Not a happy bunny- joining the class action lawsuit over the emissions fiasco.

Edited by fionam
Misspelling

2 minutes ago, fionam said:

Taking our 2010 Yeti TDI 2l Elegance back to the service centre for the second time since having the 'fix'. Had been pretty happy with the car, bought new, despite a few issues with the sunroof, great drive, great family car. Since the 'fix'  no power, poor acceleration- struggling to maintain 60mph on a slight hill on the motorway. Engine stalled several times on one hour drive. Warning lights galore this time- not just the particulate filter light. I have no confidence that the car is fit to drive, and was actually advised by an agent at the service centre to avoid driving it before taking it to the service centre in a couple of days because of the risk of breakdown. The staff at the service centre are great- but they can't make up for or be held responsible for the pigs ear this 'fix' is turning out to be. If I cannot be assured that the 'fix' has actually reduced emissions I will be asking for a remap and reversal of the engine management adjustment, rather than further tweaking and failure to right the problems. Not a happy bunny- joining the class action lawsuit over the emissions fiasco.

I have a feeling that Skoda themselves will not pay for/perform a remap for you. In their eyes, your car is faulty for some other reason!

That is my worry- would not be at all happy to pay for a remap- but at present can see no end to these problems, and even selling the car we would be adversely affected by this issue in the lower resale value. On the other hand, we are extremely unhappy to be driving around in a car pumping out high levels of nitrous oxide. The declared emissions were a major factor for us in our choice of car. Ho Hum

Just now, fionam said:

VW Skoda ARE carrying out related repairs free. I did not pay for the last repairs- unfortunately they did not work and things are worse than ever.

But what repairs can they do to actually fix your problem? So that it does not come back again?

fionam   look on the       Volkswagen diesel customer forum (emissions scandal) on facebook you are I among thousands,put it in writing to skoda asap

Putting it in writing to Skoda is easier said than done!

Note there is no email address in that letter only a call centre number.

I sent an email to Duncan Movassaghi ([email protected] ) and got an"Out of office" reply, he is on holiday. 

His reply:

I am on annual leave.
 In my absence please e-mail Rob Fryer, Brand Controller, at:
 Rob is out of the office on 8th / 9th of August, in which case please contact Owen Shepherd, Head of Planning. Owen is available at:
 Many thanks
 Duncan

So I forwarded it to Rob Fryer,  

A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server 194.114.62.75 responded with: ** [email protected] 550:Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout02.

I then tried Owen Shepherd, guess what?

I am now out of the office on holiday until Tuesday 8 August and will respond to your email on my return.  If the matter is urgent, please contact Rob Fryer ([email protected]) or Tomas Vit ([email protected])

Kind regards

Owen

Owen Shepherd, Head of Planning and Supply

ŠKODA UK, Delaware Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN

+44 (0) 1908 601643, M +44 (0)7703 503173

[email protected]www.skoda.co.ukwww.skoda-auto.com

This would be a good exercise in marketing and PR:

Send out a mass email - go on holiday but refer to another - his mailbox is unavailable - offer another to deal with the email - he is on holiday and refers you back to the previous person whose mailbox is unavailable!.

I'm awaiting a reply from Tomas Vit, won't hold my breath!

tom

• Like 1

Just got a reply from the man on holiday:

"I am on holiday and Rob's e-mail is valid, but it's [email protected], my mistake, apologies.

I've forwarded your note to our executive customer resolution team, they'll pick up with you on Monday as a priority, to investigate your complaint with you.

Best regards, Duncan
Sent from my iPhone"

(This messge was timed at 21:33)

tom

On 27 July 2017 at 14:49, Sad555 said:

fionam   look on the       Volkswagen diesel customer forum (emissions scandal) on facebook you are I among thousands,put it in writing to skoda asap

Yes- have been on the FB page, depressing if informative reading! Have joined the upwards of 40 000 person lawsuit also. Until VW come clean (pigs might fly), will have to continue taking the car back when issues arise (which they undoubtedly will). Staff at the service centre are doing what they can within the remit VW are allowing- problems associated with the fix are being acknowledged, but they can't 'officially' acknowledge them, even with the two year since fix free repairs on a whole range of related problems (they have a list of related issues to refer to). I asked if they could remap- told that they have been asked to do so by quite a few people, and can't/ aren't allowed to do it. They apparently don't have the means to do this without getting software from the VW group- presumably to restore the defeat. Infuriating.

I have emailed the central Skoda Customer Services address to complain in detail about the problem, headed 'complaint' The normal email for complaints does not allow enough characters! I will also email the head honcho for Skoda, and possibly the VW group in UK- they are still saying that they have few complaints coming in- so make it official everyone and make sure to headline 'Emissions complaint' and your vehicle details every time.

We are lucky in having low mileage- I can imagine that some people with over 160 000 miles on the clock are being unfairly excluded from the 24 months of 'consideration' after... 'failure of the EGR, fuel injection system or emissions after treatment system'.

Its all very well, but what happens after two years!

My wifes Fabia will not go near a Skoda garage again to make sure it is left alone.

Bit more worryind about what is happening inGermany where unfixed cars are having their registrations cancelled soon and no longer allowed on the road

• Like 1

Sooner the courts/government sort this out the better,because VAG will not be honest with their customers and just keep lying.

Looking on the Facebook fix/fail page a straw poll appears to suggest the 2.0 l is the worst effected followed by the 1.6 and then the 1.2!

Two weeks with my 1.6 Greenline after having the fix with the mot before it was returned suggests the issues will occur on that car as well. Multiple regens, less torque, noisier and seemed to have a worse fuel consumption.

My wife's 1.6 Fabia will not go near a Skoda garage again.

• Like 1

I have a Yeti 2L.  We have lurched from one issue to the next ever since we have the NOx fix in November 2016. Since that date the diesel particulate warning light has come on 7 times . We do not live in a town/city but in the middle of nowhere. The care does decent long journeys. Each time the warning light comes on we do the driving at a constant speed /constant high revs ( as per the book and Skoda instruction) . It does always go off.

Yesterday the emissions control lamp warning light came on. Today at the Skoda dealer we are told it is a fault with the valve ( it is sticking )  in the throttle body control unit. 

I am 100% sure this is all linked to the NOx fix - I have a copy of the letter from Duncan Movassaghi ( Director of Skoda UK) where he says that issues relating to ( amongst others) fuel injection systems  AFTER the NOx fox will be considered favourably - but i am basically spitting feathers! 

Where to turn? 

I am composing a letter  - the work I have agreed to is £679. Not good for a 5 year old care with 80K on it. 

Write to skoda uk,a further 2year warranty was added after the fix/fail because (they won't admit it) that problems are prolific AFTER the fix,if you see dealers mouth moving ,they are lying.