fan runs on

problem found out by diagnostics expert

Hi chaps...the bullet tasted sweet

i found a local proper AUTO ELECTRICIAN...most of the other ones that came up but really were domestic ones which google (auto electrician near me) picked up

the chap is a mobile engineer so he was working in my garage nice and dry....he gave me a run through what he would do...i left him to it for a bit then he called me back and showed me the results....all clear except for a closed ciruit/earth on the fan controller which he would investigate...soon he called me out to the garage again and had located a damaged wire bundle near part of the bodywork showing rubbing/corrosion/and verdigris on the area where the bundle insulation had been rubbed off over time and vibrations.  it was behind the left hand fog light,  just below the fan controller....how he knew beats me...experience and deduction??

later he called me out again after doing a harness repair and ran the diagnostics again for me and got all clear for the whole car..

he took two and a half hours to do the whole job and took £45 per hour...which is the local rate...he just lives round the corner would you believe!!

so deducting £100 for a jump starter saved leaving £22.50 paid extra for peace of mind repair

he also does mobile servicing, recon gassing, and anything car orientated....except MOT's but gave me the people he uses for his van MOT just round the corner from him!!

thanks again all for your replies...and i hope this may help others who may get the same annoying situation with their fan

cheers

geof

454129544_SK10.jpg.907947aff0d93fb4245185e51d39c2e0.jpg

SK 20.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, sealover1 said:

Wont do some work in south devon would he am struggling to find a good one kingsbridge area

oh he's 85 miles away 😞

Is your car drivable? You might be able to take it to him, possibly leave it a day or two and then collect upon happy repair.

Just a thought.

It was stated he was a mobile engineer but thats a big drive on top of a days work and drive home, again. You never know though as work might be hard to find in the current climate. He might even collect and fix, with you collecting upon repair. Might well be worth asking for details and if not, he may even have contacts in the trade.  (I am feeling optimistic for you).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 06/08/2020 at 15:27, sealover1 said:

Wont do some work in south devon would he am struggling to find a good one kingsbridge area

oh he's 85 miles away 😞

sorry i got back to you so late

he isnt answering his phone or texts now so i assum he has possibly left the area although his website is still shown as hayle

good luck

cheers

geof