Android auto with radio

Coming to the end of my PCP soon and looking at the new FL SE.

Can anyone tell me on the infotainment system if while using android auto as my sat Nov wether you can still listen to the radio or does android auto disable the radio for its own audio.

Hoping you can as I don't really want to spec sat Nav but also don't want a system that doesn't work for me.

Google maps is far superior to the inbuilt maps - especially since it includes up to date traffic information. I've got the Columbus nav but rarely use it - it's always Google maps for me.

Waze will also be coming to Android Auto in the next 12 months which is even more intelligent traffic-wise.

The only downside is that you have to control a lot of Google maps using voice commands.

Total agree that maps is way better than built in Nav for being up todate with laters roads and traffic.

Drive to new places with work all the time and didn't want to sit in silence to use the maps on my phone if you couldn't play the radio while using android auto.

Can any one confirm the Huawei P9 now works. I know there was an issue but I think it has been fixed.

Gents, I am consistently facing Communication Error 8 with my MY15 Octavia 1.8 TSI with a 6.5" Bolero MFD. iPhone works fine every time but I need Google Maps and my Androids (Note 4, Note 10.1 2014, A5 and Mi5) just does not connect and all have the same error 8. Trued multiple cables and perm-coms but it does not work!

On 7/22/2017 at 19:48, stu83 said:

Google maps is far superior to the inbuilt maps - especially since it includes up to date traffic information. I've got the Columbus nav but rarely use it - it's always Google maps for me.

Waze will also be coming to Android Auto in the next 12 months which is even more intelligent traffic-wise.

The only downside is that you have to control a lot of Google maps using voice commands.

I'm using the Beta version of Waze on Android Auto and it's pretty good.  Missing a couple of features of the phone version (why isn't road blocked something I can report) and it could really use voice commands to quickly send alerts.  It's given me very useful information about accidents, broken down cars and debris in the road.  I've come to trust it even more than Google maps when it tells me to leave the M8 and take the M74, it's normally got a very good reason.

32 minutes ago, Freakcrab said:

I'm using the Beta version of Waze on Android Auto and it's pretty good.  Missing a couple of features of the phone version (why isn't road blocked something I can report) and it could really use voice commands to quickly send alerts.  It's given me very useful information about accidents, broken down cars and debris in the road.  I've come to trust it even more than Google maps when it tells me to leave the M8 and take the M74, it's normally got a very good reason.

the only thing I don't like about maps on android auto is that speed limits aren't shown. They are on the built in maps. A question on the built in maps - is it possible to get a warning when you are exceeding speed limit? My old pioneer used to do this..

• 5 weeks later...

I never use the inbuilt sat nav on my company superb....Google maps on android auto is far,far better.

I've installed Waze on there too now and you get speed earnings and cameras info but to be honest,apart from that,I prefer Google maps.