Help..my tailgate is dead (wont open or close)

Hello

I bought this 2010 Superb Estate a couple of months ago. It was born with electric tailgate and all the buttons are there.  When i got it there were normal gas struds on the car (probably cause the crazy pricing on those motor ones). I got a hold of a new pair and installed them but they wont come alive.....when pressing the button next to the gearchanger it detaches the tailgate and 3 fast bips are heard but i wont come up. I have VCDS and the error code i get is:

0004 - Grundindstilling ikke gennemført B2010 10 00(137)

Translated to English it says that basic settings could not be done

Anyone have an idea what i can try to do? 

Thanks in advance

Sune

8 hours ago, williamshatnerspants said:

I'm guessing you'll need to code them in using VCDS, as they will have likely be turned off when they were removed previously. I'm going back to gas struts the next time mine fail!

That sounds very possible.....Any idea where to turn them on...cant find it anywhere in the VCDS menu's

• 1 month later...

This is an old tread but i had the same problem. It was broken wires between the small lid and the hatch. Just pull out all the interior felt and plastic and pull back the wires slightly (be careful at base of window),  solder and tape the wires well. Soldering will make cables more stiff, but works fine on mine. More aware that i open the smaller hatch more slowly now. Workshop said the only thing to do was to change all cables, what nonsence..

3 hours ago, Plutoidefix said:

This is an old tread but i had the same problem. It was broken wires between the small lid and the hatch. Just pull out all the interior felt and plastic and pull back the wires slightly (be careful at base of window),  solder and tape the wires well. Soldering will make cables more stiff, but works fine on mine. More aware that i open the smaller hatch more slowly now. Workshop said the only thing to do was to change all cables, what nonsence..

This thread refers to the motorised struts on an Estate, not the notorious wiring problem on a Twindoor.