mapping let me ask you something

Mapping is computer programming of the ECU, say someone had this stage 1 map for example for the fabia VRS 2010 model or same as your own.  Can a map be copied from one car to another ? surely the mapping programming can be transferred from one to another if its just programming ? if someone has the tech to copy and paste so to speak.

I ma sound silly in asking but surely a valid question?  im now waiting for well no I needs to go on a dyno as there may be slight diffrences.... etc

Edited by danman5k
  • Like 1

You get a Superchips Bluefin system, and a Shark Performance and others.

Ignore for a 1.4 TSI Twincharger in a Skoda.

You get your ECU remapped.

Some are locked, some early ones, CAVE, some are easy to unlock, some do not need doing, then there are CTHE that APR, REVO, Shark, Superchips and others said can be done by the OBD.

Then they never do any, try and fail on a Skoda, keep getting asked and keep saying they can do them.

Just go 

http://goapr.co.uk 

Then you know what you are getting with a CAVE.  205-210 PS Stage 1 on 99 Octane Super unleaded.

Avoid REVO like the plague.  Their Stage 1 for a 1.4TSI Twincharger was an engine killer, still will be if they still do it.

This advice below is good though.  Only fix reliable engines, and maybe leave 7 year old ones alone if all is good IMO, 

or just take the £4,000 gamble if you must.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues 

You can fit a Tuning Box, a proper TMC or a Bluespark one,  fit and remove and move from 1.4 TSI Twincharger to Twincharger. 

Be aware there are dodgy used ones offered for sale.  & dodgy new ones, Buy from TMC or Bluespark or Trusted Briskoda Members.

Edited by Awayoffski

If you have a 2010 like mine get a custom map done with pre and after dyno, My ECU needed unlocking , very happy with the results, (check my Project thread) 

Copy & paste (if only it was that easy) - might be good on brand new cars but cars that are years old there will be differences.  

You might be starting lower than 177BHP. I was starting at 173BHP. 

One reason you can have a standard car that has less than a minimum of 177hp / 180 ps / 132kw is that as VW / Skoda had failures they did Software Updates / Breather Mods, 

New Squirters / Software Updates at various times 2009-2012 then 2012-2014.

Turned down the wick on some and cheated owners, trying to save on Warranty claims, but then VW do that sometimes.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

• Like 2

definitely mine felt 'less power' after the 5 fixes, this was partly the reason went for a custom map. Even though most tuners claim there stage 1 ecu patch is 210bhp. i doubt most actually are unless there is a reliable dyno to go with it. 

13 hours ago, danman5k said:

Mapping is computer programming of the ECU, say someone had this stage 1 map for example for the fabia VRS 2010 model or same as your own.  Can a map be copied from one car to another ? surely the mapping programming can be transferred from one to another if its just programming ? if someone has the tech to copy and paste so to speak.

I ma sound silly in asking but surely a valid question?  im now waiting for well no I needs to go on a dyno as there may be slight diffrences.... etc

You can copy and paste the correct fields yes, I've done it when changeing ECUs and bench testing.

You can't copy the full thing as your immobiliser, radio code, mileage etc won't match but the performance side and be copy and pasted fine.

As mentioned though most ECUs from 2010+ onwards will be locked and required unlocking on a bench (opened up and boot mode)

• Like 1

So they show that the can take 180 bhp to 200 hp.   (Actually the engines are 180ps not 180 bhp, but plenty CAVE are 180bhp plus and CTHE 185bhp plus on super unleaded)

250Nm to 300 Nm.

So just the same as most show for Stage 1 or even tuning boxes & for £349.

Anyway you want a before and after dyno to know what you are getting.

Only thing in a suitcase is a Laptop....

Edited by Awayoffski

There is  ADE in Blackburn ,that believe Kobayashi used or Unicorn Developments in Stockport. I used Unicorn and would recommend them, both do dyno before and after .