Vrs Intake and bits in the UK for Australians

Hey guys. There never was many of the VRS MkII in Australia, about 300 remain, so getting parts can be next to impossible. 

I've recently managed some Vogtland coilovers and a Whiteline kit but I'm stuck on a decent cold air intake. 

Any recommendations for anything I can get shipped here. The VW Racing Line kit is pretty much the only one in stock anywhere and 800 Australian dollars. 

If you've got your favourite sources for anything to help a guy out? Good places to get decals, OEM parts, trim etc. Postage from Europe is often more than the part itself.

I'd love to source a wing or roof spoiler like the R2 or R5

Edited by brashdaniels
Typos

Only had my vrs a month or so but from what I've been reading.....

ITG MAXOGEN Cold air intake seems to be the peoples choice, For other tuning parts Forge are highly recommended and they also sell out of the USA which may be cheaper for you to get delivery?

http://www.superskoda.com/ also do a lot of tuning parts.

Thanks guys. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough.

I've ordered from Superskoda before but the postage is a literal bomb to Australia, and searches for the ITG Maxogen never lead anywhere definitive - the one pictured on Awesome GTI seems to be intended for the lower capacity Fabias not the VRS so working out what will fit is challenging from over here.

Schumi's Build thread I've looked at a few times but the pictures rarely load at all, sometimes saying the account is private or leading to APR.com.au which no longer trades in Australia. 

If anyone has a favourite source for parts that has looked after you I'd love to hear from someone.

Thanks again for the pointers

26 minutes ago, Skyl1n3 said:

Not too restrictive that U-bend is it?

seems fine too me and gained a bit on the dyno in my project thread, best of all is can hear gear pops better, easy to clean and install much better than OEM paper filter yearly replacement

Edited by Kobayashi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Awayoffski said:

Did you run it on the Dyno with standard set up and then with your new Intake.  Like for like comparison, same day same temps?

Hi offski

Not same day it was mapped first in December 2016 then added intake in Jan 2017 (when i had new brakes fitted). only other change was Tesco Momemtum to Shell Nitro. Both were nice cold days...

So it went from 193.4BHP to 201.8BHP (a difference of 8.4BHP) some of that % could be the switch to Shell Nitro. 

The tuning shop has told me that many folk have who have travelled up to them and had cars mapped when they have got to  398BHP or 298 BHP  etc..or whatever they have drove round to lose 1/4 tank of tesco fuel & put in shell nitro just to get  graph printout to a nice round number such as 400 / 300 BHP!!!

Final Dyno 202BHP.jpg

I find the exact opposite, the Tesco Momentum 99 that reaches the filling stations in the north is 99 ron minimum and can have the car performing sometimes as good as 102 ron.

As for Shell V-Power Nitro+ no mater if the Octane was higher i would not want the 'secret detergents' even if they are the same as Greenergy adds to the Momentum.

19 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

I find the exact opposite, the Tesco Momentum 99 that reaches the filling stations in the north is 99 ron minimum and can have the car performing sometimes as good as 102 ron.

As for Shell V-Power Nitro+ no mater if the Octane was higher i would not want the 'secret detergents' even if they are the same as Greenergy adds to the Momentum.

it might be some pumps & forecourts getting short changed on the Octane level or contamination ...poor maintenance procedures at the smaller dodgy looking ones etc..

Morrisons ruined a load of cars in 2016 (water contaminated fuel) 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1831189/morrisons-customers-claim-petrol-contamination-caused-several-cars-to-break-down-causing-thousands-of-pounds-worth-of-damage/

and again 2017!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2633750/morrisons-customers-cars-damaged-after-petrol-at-supermarket-garage-was-contaminated-with-water/

Edited by Kobayashi

That would be illegal to sell a lower Octane & charge for a higher one.

You pay your Duty & Tax and get the Minimum Octane, like when you get to Blackpool and south of maybe, 

it is just you can get better than the minimum sometimes and i find that is in the North with Tesco Momentum.

Not always, but often enough.

I buy a lot of fuel.

Filling station delivery errors are made, and distributed fueling errors and contamination, but it is not common, 

but when it happens it can affect many motorists.

Edited by Awayoffski

Thousands of motorists in Britain's south east have been left with engine problems after buying unleaded fuel from filling stations at various Tesco and Morrisons supermarkets. (LINK)

Buying petrol from a Supermarket doesn't seem like a great idea.

Dude, missed you.

They do not sell it in Super Markets just the filling stations and as you know it gets delivered from Fuel Depots and is refined and meets the standard required, 

and is sold in bulk to many locations for millions of vehicles.

Where is it a good idea to find a retailer selling Unleaded or Diesel fuel in the UK that is a different refined base fuel?

Since 2007 Greenergy & Royal Dutch Shell have gone on to co-own importation and storage facilities in the UK & bring in the fuels from the Continent and around the world to those facilities.

http://fasttrack.co.uk/company_profile/greenergy-12 

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

seems fine too me and gained a bit on the dyno in my project thread, best of all is can hear gear pops better, easy to clean and install much better than OEM paper filter yearly replacement

Good stuff :thumbup:

I don't suppose anyone knows where to find this specific kit in the UK perhaps? I like the clean positioning of this one, would've love the VWR intake but requires a smaller battery, and I quite often leave my car sitting for 3-4 days on end, and from what I've heard the smaller Braille batteries don't like it.

Maybe move the battery to the boot, as the Polo GTI is.

(Weights off the crash bar evens things out if spare tyre still carried.)

No battery under the bonnet and then the choice of intakes can be the same as for the Polo GTI.

Loads on Goggle Images for inspiration.

VWR-Induction-Kit-VWR12P0GT-1.4TSI-Logo.jpg

FMINDP14_58964.jpeg

maxresdefault (1).jpg

u3ubydet.jpg

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

On 18/08/2017 at 13:57, BeStRaFe said:

If you find a really nice CAI for the VRS I would be willing to split some postage with you, 

I am Sydney Based 

I've agonised over it but I think the HG Motorsport one up there represents the best balance of rear of install and performance.....