Fabia vrs pulling to side on acceleration

Jayramm

4 hours ago, HWolfy said:

Is it not just simply a case of torque steer? The driveshafts are of different lengths so that's the obvious thing to me. Nothing you can do about torque steer

Its not torque steer if you give it some sick in low gears you dont really notice it, its worse at higher speeds, at say 70mph you only have to put your foot down a touch in top and it noticably veers hence why I cant leave it as it is because its the missus daily car!

Also it didnt do it before when there was actually excessive play in the bushes (You could move the front wheels back and forth without even jacking it up) I would have expected it to be worse then??

On 05/09/2017 at 12:24, HWolfy said:

Is it not just simply a case of torque steer? The driveshafts are of different lengths so that's the obvious thing to me. Nothing you can do about torque steer

Do fabia vrs's suffer from torque steer issues? A few mates have fabia vrs's and no torque steer on there's unless you floor it. Im buying driveshafts anyway now. So will update after i fit them. 

10 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Can none of those mates lend you a pair of wheels/tyres to put on for you to try to see if what is fitted is the issue?

Well it had the same issue even with stock alloys with matching tyres, which ive sold to a mate who is currently using them and has not complained of any issues

Quick update on mine in case anyone is interested:  Parked in the drive last night with steering wheel at centre, looking from the rear down each side, the drivers front wheel looked pretty straight BUT the passenger side you could clearly see was turning left by a good few degrees. Adjusted the track rod end a few turns so as the passenger wheel looked straight like the other side and.....It doesnt swerve to the left anymore!!!! (albeit the steering wheel is no longer straight when driving in a straight line) So I am pretty sure mine was/is alignment issues. Can't beleive changing from worn out to cupra bushes put the tracking out that much!!?? Unless one of the old TC arms was slightly bent??

Anyhow I will now get it booked in for a proper 4 wheel alignment and hope thats the end of it.

• Like 1