Hi, as a newbie..  I just got my new Octavia 1.8 (exclusive) and found out that lots of goodies are not present (according to vehicle book). I understand that it might depend on the country the car was bought.

My goal is to "unlock" some features. I read about it and met OBDeleven (https://obdeleven.com/en/#xprtbestsellproductblock_1) assuming buying the PRO one. I also read that VCDS (?) do the trick.

My question: Which one (or which tool) do I need to buy in order to "unlock" (activate) some features (e.g. Traffic Sign Assist) on my Octavia (bought in ISRAEL)? can you please list some pros & cons on that tool?

Thank you for any help!!

Simon

You can unlock certain stuff, but only if you have the hardware. Worth reading up to see what you want to unlock and what hardware is required. I.e. traffic sign recognition needs the lane assist camera. OBDEleven will do pretty much all of this, as will VCDS but that is more expensive generally. 

I chose to buy OBDEleven Pro and i find that it provides everything i need and the cost difference between that and VCDS is obviously massive.  I have activated things like rear LED's as DRL's, twin foglights, refuel quantity etc, i just used the tried and tested adaptations sticky from this forum.

It all depends what yant to do really

Hi! 

I liked for example the Trafic sign assist feature. I'm wondering if it exists in OBDeleven pro. Btw what is the cost of other firms other than OBDeleven? 

Cheers

A VCDS adaptor with license to work on 3 cars costs £199. This is the VCDS tweaks thread.

A OBDeleven Pro costs £68 on eBay. Is there anything OBDeleven Pro can't do compared to VCDS??

I had a few VCDS mod done by a local VCDS owner. But the wiper tear drop isn't working which I want to fix. I also want to add a few myself: auto enable daylight saving time, refuel quantity display, heated seat memory, increase sensitivity of humidity sensor, and deactivate AM band. If I can get it for £70 and will never have to trouble the nice VCDS owner, it's well worth it.

1 hour ago, Simon777 said:

I liked for example the Trafic sign assist feature. I'm wondering if it exists in OBDeleven pro.

If you don't have the Lane Assist camera then OBDEleven, VCDS, VCP, etc. won't help you enable traffic sign assist - since it needs the lane assist camera to work.

Not all tweaks are just changes of settings, some require extra hardware that you need to check whether it is fitted to your car.

12 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

If you don't have the Lane Assist camera then OBDEleven, VCDS, VCP, etc. won't help you enable traffic sign assist - since it needs the lane assist camera to work.

Not all tweaks are just changes of settings, some require extra hardware that you need to check whether it is fitted to your car.

Can the lane assit be retrofitted?

Hi, I do have lane assist (so I guess and hope also the camera exist? - see attached pls ;)

I think also that all Octavias 2017 selled here are equipped with lane assist. 

Btw... You are so helpful, maybe you can tell me how do I constantly check on the Blind spot monitor and Rear traffic alarm (see picture attached) . It resets every trip, i don't know even why. Any idea? 

Thank you!! 

Simon 

15041736396121890943147.jpg

Hi guys,

I have an Octavia from 2013 (TypE5), with bi xenon lights and AFS system.

Do you know if it's possible with the OBDEleven to disable the rain mode in the AFS, so my light beams will continue to turn in the curves as in non raining conditions ? When it's raining the light beam move to the extreme upper side of the road ("not to blind other cars") but you cannot see where you are going anymore...

Thanks

Edited by luxdog

Sorry friend I'm a newbie in those  issues and can't help you with that... Sorry. Pls consider ask the forum in different thread

Edited by Simon777

8 hours ago, luxdog said:

Hi guys,

Do you know if it's possible with the OBDEleven to disable the rain mode in the AFS, so my light beams will continue to turn in the curves as in non raining conditions ? When it's raining the light beam move to the extreme upper side of the road ("not to blind other cars") but you cannot see where you are going anymore...

Thanks

AFAIK you can't disable this, with AFS it's kind of all or nothing. You can have the lights on without AFS i.e. not in auto mode, but you lose the turning of the lights in the curves.

9 hours ago, luxdog said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

You can easily disable rain mode in the infotainment menu under light settings. I did so. :)

10 minutes ago, aki78 said:

You can easily disable rain mode in the infotainment menu under light settings. I did so. :)

Hello Aki, 

No under the light settings it's only to switch on the lights automatically when it's raining, nothing to do with the AFS. I'm talking here about the movable beams. 

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

AFAIK you can't disable this, with AFS it's kind of all or nothing. You can have the lights on without AFS i.e. not in auto mode, but you lose the turning of the lights in the curves.

I've seen on a golf forum that with the obdeleven there is a menu where you can disable each modes, rain, all weather etc.... But I don't know the results. 

Just now, luxdog said:

I've seen on a golf forum that with the obdeleven there is a menu where you can disable each modes, rain, all weather etc.... But I don't know the results. 

Interesting, haven't seen that before! Will look it up :)

10 hours ago, ahenners said:

Interesting, haven't seen that before! Will look it up :)

Here is the picture I found...

3ee6536f70d33f115ac2d5106bc06e5b.jpg

I really would like to know what happen if rain_light is disable... Will the beam stay in the center like in manual mode, or will they continue to move to follow the curves normally even in rain ?

Thanks in advance if someone who has the OBDEleven can check and confirm the behavior.