Dog cage/guard for the hatch

We're hopefully getting a dog in the next few months (pups just born) and looking around at dog transport options for the hatch,  the choices are limited.  I'm confident that with the parcel shelf removed the available space and light is fine for the dog (Hungarian Vizsla, medium sized).

I was hoping to use a boot liner and guard for shorter journeys and then try and find a half boot size cage or divider for journeys that will warrant some luggage in the rear.  I'll need to google the universal fitting options for the dog guard but in terms of model specific options, I've only found this from Hortons: 

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Superb_3_Hatchback_2016_Onwards_ZGB3V5017222

The p4 cages and similar aren't even available for the estate, never mind the hatch.   I thought The Roofbox Company would have just the thing but surprisingly they don't. 

We'll be using the car almost daily to access better walking spots, so I'd like to get product that fits the bill and is comfortable and safe, which we can use from puppy to adult. 

Looking for some advice and recommendations from hatch owners with similar circumstances.  

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

I have the estate version, which once the slightly fiddly installation was dealt with has been very good:

https://www.travall.co.uk/skoda/superb-saloon-2015--

Thanks CB,  that's the one Horton are selling (albeit at a discounted £15 more).  I prefer the cleaner look of that over one of the universal ones that look more like an adjustable shower curtain rail.  

I may just have to try a few cages and see which ones will fit in the hatch whilst still being big enough for the dog, when he reaches his full size.  

Other than that, for the minute, it looks like a dog guard and liner are only choices for the hatch :sadsmile:

• Like 1

Another vote for travall. 

The wife has one in her focus st for our dog and it was not that fiddly to fit. I'm definitely going to get one for my superb when it turns up. Also you may find that the one skoda sell is the travall one as there is an Octavia scout in the showroom of my local dealer showing off a dog guard with travall stickers on the frame.

I have a "Skoda" dog guard for my estate and it is actually a Travall.  They are excellent.  What I am now looking for is a rear tailgate guard.  There are a few around but all require drilling into the body. :(

I've found this on Amazon and could fit the bill: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HU6MS1Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A608BVYL1ECJP&psc=1

I'll speak to the breeder at the w'end and show her the dimensions, to see if it would be suitable for transporting the dog.   I took various measurements of the boot last night and it looks like it will fit the hatch with the parcel shelf removed. 

Travall do a combined pack ( Dog Guard & Liner ) called  Transport Pack for the 2017 Superb Hatch  ( part no's TDG1500.  TBM1139), for £139.50, with a 1-2 Day UK delivery., a 10% saving on buying these items on their own.

I have the Guard fitted in my Combi, and find it excellent.  They don't seem however to do a divider for the Hatch however, but it might be worth contacting them, to see, what they suggest.

• Like 1