DSG 7 speed

Just to put a cap on the debate about whether the 7 sped DSG autobox is a service item, I received a reply from Skoda technical services (UK):

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding DSG Oil change intervals for the above vehicle.  I am sincerely sorry for the delay in my response.

"I can confirm after speaking to our Technical Support Team, that this vehicle does not require any DSG oil changes.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.  

Kind regards

Phil Singh
Customer Relations Advisor 
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA 
Tel:  0333 0037504  

Yes, the 1.8 got the 7-speed dry clutch which was known for some issues a few years back.  Thankfully these have been addressed now.  Always seems to be some confusion over maintenance on that particular box but it should be sealed so can't see how there can be an oil change required.  It have been discussed may times on the forum - here is a thread that might help.

Edited by Superb170

?

Did Skoda UK have your Reg No. / VIN to check your actual car to see if it required Service Campaign 34F7 (edit)  and the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral & a Software update, 

& were not just answering that there is 'No Service Schedule / Guidelines for a DQ200 and any need to change the oil?

The 7 Speed DSG DQ200 did not need any Oil Changes, 

until 2012 when there was a WORLD WIDE RECALL and then 2014 when Skoda started a Service Campaign due to EUROPE not being in THE WORLD.

NZ got a proper SERVICE CAMPAIGN & new MCU's fitted.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

So service Campaign 34F7 to change the Synthetic Oil in the MCU to Mineral and a Software Update.

(So 2013 you might expect 2013 from the Factory to have Mineral OIl, not all did.)

2016 a Service Campaign starts on some DQ200 2013-2015,  34H5, Software Update. THIS IS DUE TO DSG Heat, Pressure, Failures, VW / Skoda are not saying...

So there is a Vin Checker which should show if 34F7 is outstanding, it does not always do.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

PS

As to those that say 'this was a problem a few years ago 'All Sorted now'.  Or a just few years ago and addressed now, then be aware that is not actually correct.  AND QUESTION ANY SKODA DEALERSHIP OR CUSTOMER SERVICES STAFF SAYING THIS. They obviously are clueless.

Maybe look at posts on Briskoda yesterday and most weeks on '7 speed twin dry clutch DSG failures' and Skoda UK not wanting to know about them...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/437937-advice-needed-faulty-gearbox-or-just-mechatronic-unit 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 1 month later...

I live in finland and i have replaced oil after every 60 000km. And yes we have DSG7. I think that it helps this gearbox to stay alive :-) I have read so nuch topics where gearbox/clutch or mechatronic has been broken before 200 000km. our car is now almost 300 000km driven and newer had any problems with gear box or clutch.

And this change costs only little over 100€ in local dealer so it's really cheap.

And every change oil has been dirty.

Edited by zaumer81
  • Like 1

?

Was your car ever in as part of the 'World Wide Recall',  or even as a Service Campaign and the oil changed at no cost to you?

What Oil is being used now is it 'Mineral',

& was a software update done as with Service Campaign '34F7' at some point?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/438177-12-tsi-turbo-carbon-deposits 

11334357583_7f65eeedc5_b.jpg

AMT TVS Brainwashed DSG's.pdf

Brochure DQ200 EN.PDF

Edited by Headinawayoffski