Fabia 1 16V oil pressure switch location

Fabiafreak

Apologies for revisiting this topic but despite lots of searching here and elsewhere I still cannot establish the exact location of the oil pressure switch on my  1.4 16V Fabia 1 

After removing the plastic engine cover I can see what are obviously a number of switches/sensors and can deduce their probable function - but the oil switch escapes me. The online Skoda workshop manual shows it to be somewhere on the end/corner of the engine nearest the battery,but if it is I can't find it!. Can anyone give an accurate position - if possible with a picture or marked on a drawing.

I believe this switch is located in a different position on the 1.4MPI engine.  I have the correct replacement part ready for installation,but don't want to start pulling out components to see what I find!

Thanks

Many thanks - tho' that looks like the 1.4MPI engine but I'll check. The workshop manual drawing makes it appear to be on one end of the engine - this one in the picture actually faces forward.

Could be that I haven't seen the wood for the trees!

Now the rain has stopped I can have another look!

I've just checked again - discovered that the insulation  on the wire entering the connector was brittle and the single conductor had broken! Unfortunately this break is exactly at the entry to connector,so I can't repair it!  Any idea if it is possible to get a replacement connector with a short length of the cable to permit a join? Looks like I'm going to have to crawl the internet again....

Also, would failure of this connection mean that having reset the warning light,it would not reappear? Everything OK re oil levels,running etc. so am not worrying but do need to fix it!

I got the part number,and first search found replacement pre-wired connector  on eBay; only trouble they take ages to come from China! A closer look at my connector showed me that it is possible to disassemble to rewire it (clever little almost concealed clip inside) so I'm splicing in a new bit of cable and re-making, Original cable was too short and reason for break at connector - probably done when manufactured. Have ordered new connector,not pre-wired from UK, just in case I b****r this one up!

Many thanks,Wino, for your input - led me in the right direction.

You learn something new every day!:biggrin:

• Like 1

Yes,my first thought! Unfortunately the cable was broken at the connector leaving nothing at all that could be used to make the join. But, there is a solution - just a bit 'fiddley' and will probably involve a bit of blue air!

Thank you both for comments.

Most of the cable connections are usually "just" the required length..heat, vibration etc. wear then down usually where the wire enters the connector....

Numerous other sensors have the same problems...so get good at doing this fix as it is common to do to the cars this age..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

^ Good tip.

Starter solenoid connection, alternator signal wires, A/C control solenoid wiring all fail for the same reason, off the top of my head.

ABS wires to the sensors is a good one also

Basically the lot...:D

Don't mention the earth & coil pack rewire for a 1.8T engine MK4 Golf...been there done that.....:sadsmile:

• 2 years later...

just replaced this wire/plug genuine VW item, £6.50, arrived in three days

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-VAG-1J0-973-701-1-Pin-Pre-Wired-Pigtail-Connector-Plug-1J0973701/142591986994?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by colinstubbs
edit