Basic tools that are included?

I’m waiting for the manual(s) and basic tools from the dealer that were missing from the car. Can anyone confirm what should be supplied when the spare wheel wasn’t an option? I’m asking for the following:

Manual(s) and wallet
locking wheel nut socket
Puncture kit
Towing eye hook

I did get the tweezers for wheel nut cap removal, but I have no idea what else other than handbook and locking nut should come with the car.

You don't get a puncture kit now, the sealant is pre loaded into the tyres. So now no way at all to deal with a relatively minor tyre failure :dull:

Whilst you wait for your manual you can look at the online one: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/pages/superb.aspx 

Edited by widu13
  • Thanks 1

What about the towing eye hook? Maybe it’s just the manual and locking nut socket then? I do already have the scraper. I don’t understand the preloaded sealant though. You could be driving around for thousands of miles on what is meant to be an emergency repair? I might change the tyres :wacko:

You should have the towing eye and the wheel nut from the "tools".

I agree on the tyre front. Most fitting centres will not do a permanent repair on tyres plugged with sealant either. Some dealers are doing a spare "kit" for £160 which is the foam wheel well insert, wheel/tyre and tools. So if you work on 50% mark up, Skoda is saving £80 per car not supplying a spare. Seems like unnecessary penny pinching, but it will also get the weight down for the mpg testing which I'm very sure is high on the VW group list at the moment!

• Like 1

Thanks, my dealer didn't explain that.

@Alan_P Mine does not has the polystyrene/foam insert for a wheel, just a tools and storage version. What does yours have? That might be a guide for you?

• Thanks 1

Sounds the same as mine (see below) although I picked up a used alloy/tyre, jack and brace so I removed the foam. I’ll have to chase up the dealer for the locking nut/manual (called midweek) but I just wanted to know what else they come with as standard. It’s a 2.0 SE TDI with Pirelli p7 Cinturato 215/55 R17 94W... not runflats. Not sure if it’s MY17 or 18… recently registered, but could have been built in March/April.

IMG_20170909_145829.jpg

16 hours ago, Alan_P said:

Not sure if it’s MY17 or 18… recently registered, but could have been built in March/April.

IMG_20170909_145829.jpg

An easy way to tell is to look at the radio. If it has pysical buttons, it's MY17. If it's all touchscreen except the power and volume control, it's MY18.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CheshireBumpkin said:

Here's a daft question I should know the answer to - but where is the locking wheel nut key usually stored?

Look at the photo above. See the two holes half way up on the left? It's the bigger of the two holes. At least that's where I keep mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I discovered about 10 days ago I didn't get the tweezers, was a real PITA trying to get the plastic caps out with the bent bit of wire that was provided.  Must go into the dealer to complain.