My new Vrs!!

1 hour ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Looks awesome...

I've got another two months nearly...

Congrats my friend...

Didn't you look at dealer stock? I've had to wait 4 days for mine! You can't choose the spec of course, but if one matches... 

3 hours ago, stever750 said:

Didn't you look at dealer stock? I've had to wait 4 days for mine! You can't choose the spec of course, but if one matches... 

No...

Motability my friend...

A great deal, if you ignore the whole having a disabled wife thing.

10 hours ago, stever750 said:

Aha, totally understandable. What have you ordered? 

I have ordered a vRS TSI DSG Estate in Black...

And yes... I know black is going to be a nightmare to keep clean....

1 hour ago, stever750 said:

I had two black ones, less trouble than white. All cars look scruffy when dirty, occupational hazard of UK climate 

Ha.. Suppose your right...

Good to here though, all I seem to read on here is people saying how nad it is to look after.

1 hour ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Ha.. Suppose your right...

Good to here though, all I seem to read on here is people saying how nad it is to look after.

When did you order yours Andy, and have you had any sort of delivery info yet?

We ordered ours via Motability on 24th August and they claimed 10-12 weeks, but others say it takes longer!

13 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

When did you order yours Andy, and have you had any sort of delivery info yet?

We ordered ours via Motability on 24th August and they claimed 10-12 weeks, but others say it takes longer!

Oh there is a whole thread about this...

I ordered mine mid July.  My build week is 39 so hopefully picking up the end of October.

21 minutes ago, Andyjm2uk said:

Oh there is a whole thread about this...

I ordered mine mid July.  My build week is 39 so hopefully picking up the end of October.

Yes, know some are getting there's quickly and others are seemingly waiting forever!

We've gone VRS Diesel 4X4 DSG Estate, so hopefully won't be delayed like the petrols.

Still in our current car for as long as needed as we are terminating that lease early due to now needing an Auto.

5 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Yes, know some are getting there's quickly and others who placed Motability Orders are seemingly waiting forever!

FTFY :biggrin:

Hopefully, with yours being a diesel order, it will come quite quickly !

17 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

FTFY :biggrin:

Hopefully, with yours being a diesel order, it will come quite quickly !

Can I take from that Peter that you've ordered your (petrol) version via Motability and it's taking a while?

43 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Can I take from that Peter that you've ordered your (petrol) version via Motability and it's taking a while?

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/433747-delivery-timescales/

Both me and Peter have had lengthy delays after ordering petrol vRS's through Motability.

I ordered mine at the beginning of May and mine is due to be built this week (fingers crossed :sweat:)

I was told by my dealer that the diesel vRS was being built a lot quicker though. 

Hope you have less of a wait than we have had :)

15 minutes ago, MrTaylor said:

Both me and Peter have had lengthy delays after ordering petrol vRS's through Motability.

I ordered mine at the beginning of May and mine is due to be built this week (fingers crossed :sweat:)

I was told by my dealer that the diesel vRS was being built a lot quicker though. 

Me too, however, embarrassingly we seem to be highjacking Adam's threaded :blush!

Lovely looking car Adam, judging by your April order, yours is petrol I assume?

Edited by SummersetBoy

1 hour ago, SummersetBoy said:

20 weeks order to build for me and I believe 19 for Laurie (MrTaylor).  Obviously this is totally unrelated to them being Motability orders.  The fact everyone else seems to be getting theirs a lot quicker is pure coincidence :rolleyes:.

2 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Me too, however, embarrassingly we seem to be highjacking Adam's threaded :blush!

There's nothing like a little bit of hijacking :blush sorry Adam

Lovely looking car, making me almost regret getting the hatch now. Was very tempted with white, looks great with the black pack plus B)

Edited by MrTaylor

2 hours ago, MrTaylor said:

This is not true. I was told opposite (that it would take less to get petrol TSI) and my VRS TDI DSG is scheduled to be built in week 45 which is 19 weeks from order to build. Although I am in different country it seems that they are saying whatever calms potential buyers. 

17 hours ago, SummersetBoy said:

Hi. No mine is diesel. It's  been at the dealers a while but I wanted to wait for the 67 reg. 

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:10, adambrownb said:

So I picked this up yesterday! Love it! Drove it 200 miles today and it got a lot of attention!

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3478.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

A beaut!  seeing as you are Kent based too, can you give me an idea of how long it took from the car being at Emden to dealership? 

Never had a brand new car (too tight); newest I have ever owned is what I have now which was 13 months old when I bought it having driven 7+ year old cars previously.

What pointless trips have you lined up, simply for taking the car out for a spin?  I ended up day tripping to West Wales, Portsmouth and a few days up in Edinburgh just because.

There is something about jumping in a new car and taking it on a road trip :blush

Edited by BNT1985
  • Like 1