!2v socket in the Boot, always live ?

On the Golf it is simply a matter of moving the fuse that powers the socket to it 'other' position - either up half a position or down half a position, not sure if it is the same in the Octy, you would need to check the fuse layout to find the socket fuse and then see if your fuse layout offers the same option. One position gives permanent power the 'other' is ignition controlled, I would hope the Oct is the same as the Golf as they have many similar traits - good luck.

If this option does not exist then I guess you would need to find an ignition controlled live in the fuse box and relocate the power socket supply wire to that fuse, probably not a simple as it sounds though as you would need access to the rear of the fuse board.

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Is it possible to make the 12v socket in the boot on and off with the key ? If so any Ideas how ?

Thanks AG

Stick the key in it and give it a good wiggle, that should turn it off.  Replace the fuse and any affected wiring when you want it back on again :tongueout:

Gaz

Motto 'Any advice, short of actual help'

15 minutes ago, V6TDI said:

Stick the key in it and give it a good wiggle, that should turn it off.  Replace the fuse and any affected wiring when you want it back on again :tongueout:

Gaz

Motto 'Any advice, short of actual help'

Does it nee to be a Skoda Approved Key Gary,  :thinking:  don't want to affect the Warranty do we.   :shake:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Does it nee to be a Skoda Approved Key Gary,  :thinking:  don't want to affect the Warranty do we.   :shake:

Well you did ask for ideas :biggrin:

frankenstein3.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, octavia5 said:

I thought you were asking for genuine help, not ways to fry your car

I was, but things seem to go off topic rather quickly on here.

The best way around it is to ask a completely random question and someone might come up with the answer to the question you were going to ask

Works a treat..................

Oh.........and another thing, no one takes me seriously.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

2 hours ago, octavia5 said:

I thought you were asking for genuine help, not ways to fry your car

I thought you gave the right and sensible answer, leaving the rest of us to enhance our idiocy skills.

I've arranged for my Dealer to change the 12v sockets to 'live by key', ready for when I get my new car, for pretty much the same reason.  They want £90 for the job.  It's a lot of cash but not if it covers me if there's any issues/damage further down the line, especially as it's a Motability car.  I'm sure it would be possible to get an auto-electrician to do it a lot cheaper.  I believe that there are a couple of threads on here with instructions, if you do a search and you fancy doing it yourself.  Cheers!