Amundsen Navigation issue

Having collected a FL vRS, I cannot get the navigation to work and get the message "Navigation Database Not Available". Am I missing something or failing to activate something on the Infotainment system? Have searched the manual but no help there. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

A relative took delivery of a brand new pre FL vRS estate a few months ago and the SD card was missing. Not being very car savvy, when he queried it at collection, the salesperson had told him it didn't come with Satnav as standard...

I told him exactly what I thought of this and advised he kicked their ar5e sharpish, lo and behold it arrived in the post.

Makes you worry about the rest of the PDI as @Warrior193 says.

SD card now received in the post from the dealer and as Auric states, the SD card was contained within a DVD type case. Still to fit and try.

On collection of the vehicle this time around, no formal handover explaining features etc. like Freakcrab mentions. I assume that as an existing vRS driver the dealer assumed that I am familiar with the car, presented me with  flowers and a bottle of wine and let me go. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mo1965 said:

SD card now received in the post from the dealer and as Auric states, the SD card was contained within a DVD type case. Still to fit and try.

On collection of the vehicle this time around, no formal handover explaining features etc. like Freakcrab mentions. I assume that as an existing vRS driver the dealer assumed that I am familiar with the car, presented me with  flowers and a bottle of wine and let me go. 

Oh well, sorted out in the end. Just remember to insert the navigation SD into the correct slot. You may need to check that the version loaded on the card is up to date - the dealer is supposed to do that before issuing it - but it might possibly not have been done.