2011 Octavia with 19 inch alloys - locking wheel nuts?

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if the 2011 Octavia with the 19 inch Alloys originally had locking wheel nuts?

Reason I ask is that my husband decided to give our teenagers a bit of a lesson on car maintenance today, went to show them how to change a wheel and found that the wrench/brace doesn't fit the wheel nuts and also that he has a key for locking wheel nuts but there are no locking nuts on the car...

We had the entire set of tyres changed last year (first set since new!) and he's now wondering if there has been a bit of jiggery pokery going on.  

Looks like we'll need an urgent trip to find a brace to fit the nuts tomorrow as sure as eggs is eggs, we will get a puncture and as it is, we have no way of getting the bloody wheel off!  Car originally came with inflation thing but we purchased a spare tyre retrospectively from the dealer.

From a rough measure it seems that the nuts are at least 23mm.

Anyone any ideas?

11 minutes ago, amck5700 said:

Bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if the 2011 Octavia with the 19 inch Alloys originally had locking wheel nuts?

Reason I ask is that my husband decided to give our teenagers a bit of a lesson on car maintenance today, went to show them how to change a wheel and found that the wrench/brace doesn't fit the wheel nuts and also that he has a key for locking wheel nuts but there are no locking nuts on the car...

We had the entire set of tyres changed last year (first set since new!) and he's now wondering if there has been a bit of jiggery pokery going on.  

Looks like we'll need an urgent trip to find a brace to fit the nuts tomorrow as sure as eggs is eggs, we will get a puncture and as it is, we have no way of getting the bloody wheel off!  Car originally came with inflation thing but we purchased a spare tyre retrospectively from the dealer.

From a rough measure it seems that the nuts are at least 23mm.

Anyone any ideas?

Hi, is there a black tool that looks like a pair of tweezers in one of the slots of the spare wheel packing piece ? This tool is for removing the chrome trim cover (one per nut) that fits over the wheel nuts - the wheel brace should fit the nuts once you have removed these covers.

• Thanks 2