WINDOWS CLOSE THEMSELVES AFTER SOME TIME?

Hello everyone,

When parking the car i usually leave the 2 front windows open a little for refreshing internal air.

some times when i go to pick car after hours i find them completely closed and sometimes are found to be open where i left them.

I do not understand why - the normal is that the windows are not moving  and should be left where initially locked car.

Car has installed auto wipers but i leave the lever in off position - i know if it is up one position (auto) sometimes windows may fully closed in a case of some water or spatters may fall on the rain sensor  (i do have this characteristic enabled also in maxidot)  - but this happens when lever is in off/0.

Just a thought was this for the auto-close windows.

Has any faced this and if knows any hint?

Thanks a lot guys.

When you close the car with the key by pressing the button, it closes itself. If you hold the button for a second or so then the windows get closed as well. Try it. Maybe you've done that (but in that case you should have seen it happening).

Once a strange thing happened to me. I was driving when all the windows opened and the car closed itself. I closed the windows and tried to unlock the car. It locked itself again. I turned off the ignition and it has never happened again (3 years have gone so far) but anyway I'm afraid to leave the key in the ignition while I'm outside the car :)

2 hours ago, Jevpls said:

When you close the car with the key by pressing the button, it closes itself. If you hold the button for a second or so then the windows get closed as well. Try it. Maybe you've done that (but in that case you should have seen it happening).

Once a strange thing happened to me. I was driving when all the windows opened and the car closed itself. I closed the windows and tried to unlock the car. It locked itself again. I turned off the ignition and it has never happened again (3 years have gone so far) but anyway I'm afraid to leave the key in the ignition while I'm outside the car :)

I know for the auto close the windows by pressing the relevant key on the keyfob  (also open them from it).

I just click the button once as to only lock the doors not long-press for the windows.

When i leave car i take an eye again in the windows to see if they are open and they are.

I then enter a building where i work and which in noway the keyfob communicates with the car - is too long - and i usually leave the key in a place where cannot any button be pressed..

Usually  when i return to the car i find them opened where left - but there are few times found fully closed - i still believe there is a function somewhere to close the windows in under some circumstances but don't know what ...

As regsarding your case, i do not understand how the engine is running - you are driving - and the car locked!...

As far as windows dropping i understand it can happen...

I had a issue with locking car with a VW CADDY but it was when unlocking the car - open a door - close the door and it was locking automatically without inserting key in the ignition.

It proved to be a faulty passenger's door lock which was not giving the open door command when unlocking the car to the BCM and thus was locking it again when close the door back.

Also lights up in the roof where not activating due to not having received signal.

15 hours ago, AkisVH said:

As regsarding your case, i do not understand how the engine is running - you are driving - and the car locked!...

As far as windows dropping i understand it can happen...

I don't remember exactly but it was when I was about to park the car. Maybe the car wasn't running but the engine wasn't stopped.

Weird things happen ;)

Edited by Jevpls
spelling mistake

17 hours ago, patrolman said:

I think the rain sensor closes the windows regardles of were the stalk is  when the car is locked

Exactly! 

I believe the same - but if the stalk is in neutral/0 they normally should not close even if water drops on the sensor....

I think manual refers only when stalk is in auto then it is possibly to fully close.......

If your vehicle has rain closing enabled with the auto-wipers, the windows should close, if open, when it rains regardless of the wiper stalk position. That reminds me, must get mine enabled. Rain closing is available with auto-wipe but not necessarily always enabled, depending on vehicle spec. 

1 hour ago, TheClient said:

Test with a a water spray bottle  and wipers in different positions with vehicle locked?

I had tested once in past this with car locked and whenever water dropping on the sensor it was closing all windows when stalk was in auto.

When in zero nothing happened.

This is how is explained in the manual correctly though..

49 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

If your vehicle has rain closing enabled with the auto-wipers, the windows should close, if open, when it rains regardless of the wiper stalk position. That reminds me, must get mine enabled. Rain closing is available with auto-wipe but not necessarily always enabled, depending on vehicle spec. 

Yes my car has rain closing enabled but as per manual it should activate windows closing ONLY WHEN stalk in auto.

If not in auto, nothing should normally happen and left open where initially..

Also when noticed closed windows when going to get the car it was always fully sunny weather with no absolutely trace of water . And also the place where parked..

Starting to think wether or not is supposed to be a somehow problematic module to give that close command in any times regardless what the rain sensor will say our the stalk's position...

Thank you.