Octavia vRS 230 / 245 free performance mod!

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

How does it feel ? Better ?

Or do you need a 300bhp guineapig ?

Not actually taken it out yet. I'm sitting in the driveway freezing my bits off trying to get the DRL to come on with the indicator, i.e. to flash out of phase so it would be white/yellow/white/yellow.

Due to the different headlight unit on the FL O3, the instructions in the sticky don't seem to work.

45 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Not actually taken it out yet. I'm sitting in the driveway freezing my bits off trying to get the DRL to come on with the indicator, i.e. to flash out of phase so it would be white/yellow/white/yellow.

Due to the different headlight unit on the FL O3, the instructions in the sticky don't seem to work.

Ok, so got fed up with the DRL adaptations and took the car for a quick spin. I don't know if mentally because I'd made the change, I thought it seemed a bit more responsive and quick off the mark. I'm no speed demon, so probably not the best to rely on for views on this.

Interestingly whilst having  a poke around in Module 09, I came across a transport mode option which was still showing as active. Set it to not active and when I took the car out and set the heat to HI, it put the blower fan to high also and warm air appeared pretty quickly. Previously I'd had a fault with the auxiliary heater: Functionality limited due to Engine Control Module, so this change seems to have sorted it. Yet to rescan the car though, so I might be wrong!

8 hours ago, wg100 said:

Ok, so got fed up with the DRL adaptations and took the car for a quick spin. I don't know if mentally because I'd made the change, I thought it seemed a bit more responsive and quick off the mark. I'm no speed demon, so probably not the best to rely on for views on this.

Interestingly whilst having  a poke around in Module 09, I came across a transport mode option which was still showing as active. Set it to not active and when I took the car out and set the heat to HI, it put the blower fan to high also and warm air appeared pretty quickly. Previously I'd had a fault with the auxiliary heater: Functionality limited due to Engine Control Module, so this change seems to have sorted it. Yet to rescan the car though, so I might be wrong!

Intresting that about the transport mode. Not so long back an OP posted that they had this issue and couldn’t turn it off. Don’t recall this possible solution being put forward at the time so you may have found the fix. 

Hats off to you if you have.. ;)

Unofficially my 0-62mph time has improved by 1.5s when pulling away from stationary onto a dual carriageway. Could well be attributed to the “Improved Traction” option.

• Like 2

On 31/1/2018 at 20:21, wg100 said:

Unofficially my 0-62mph time has improved by 1.5s when pulling away from stationary onto a dual carriageway. Could well be attributed to the “Improved Traction” option.

Hi guys, great to see this info being published here! I have a 230 combi and it’s been mapped and made 295hp. Traction is definitely a topic for every spin. Did you turn TC off or ESC Sport? Or just leave TC on? I find the killing of torque in first and 2nd gear frustrating. 

20 minutes ago, stu83 said:

Damn it. With this and activating auto high beams it looks like I'll need to order obdeleven after all!

Unless there's anyone in the north Bham area who's feeling generous?

You could always take a drive South of the M42 and part with some beer tokens... :biggrin:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wg100 said:

You could always take a drive South of the M42 and part with some beer tokens... :biggrin:

I think I would like to take you up on this in a month or so.... I cant seem to find anyone active near Milton Keynes :'(

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting this - has anyone else done this with a 245? I don't have immediate acces to VCDS but would consider tracking someone down who does if the results are sufficiently beneficial!