Best sites for free valuations

Dr Zoidberg

Has anyone got any recommendations for decent sites to get a part-ex valuation, ideally one that doesn't require you to sign up for years of spam and marketing phone calls, and lets you specify optional extras where they make a difference?

There used to be a very good one on the Vauxhall site but that now results in you getting phone calls from local dealerships.

Use Trashmail.com = sign up to anything you like and limit the number of emails you get to 1 (or a few more if you like). Trash the email whenever you want - never give out your real email address

Very simple to use. Once installed you only right click in an email form and past trashmail - easier than typing in your real email address

I've never had a problem with webuyanycar.  You get the one email, and maybe another a week or so later, but thats it.  I always tick the no thanks marketing boxes.

4 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

If it is a Part Exchange Valuation why not do it with where you are looking at part exchanging rather than 'Selling to them quote website' ?

Was the Vauxhall trade in valuation site any use if you were looking at buying from a Ford Dealership?

Because as you know perfectly well, it's very handy to know what the trade valuation is before you set foot in the dealership, so when they give you an offer (or ask what you want for the car) you know if it's fair or not.

That's especially useful when the dealership is 100 miles away and I'd really rather not waste half a day travelling. As it happens I've had prices from two local dealers that were almost £2k apart and I don't know if one was exceptionally generous or the other was just taking the p***.

The Vauxhall one used to be very handy to take a print out along with you, so if the offer is too low you can justify why you want more and it worked in other brand's garages just fine.

Do an Online Insurance Quote and that will show their value for your car and you know you can add to that because it is a low value.

Then lazy Dealers now use WBAC and offer that or less knowing the car is worth at least that.,

Then Autotrader Asking prices of cars like yours in your area from Dealers is more than you will get trading in by hundreds or even more, 

and private sales not selling are probably asking too much because they used a valuation site.

Edited by Headinawayoffski